Chapter 33 Dilli Wali Ending

Dedicated to dancelover_7564 for the beautiful banner posted up. Thanks! Check out her amazing works, guys.

Last chapter! No epilogue because I don't know what to write in that (I just don't like showing the characters being old lol)

Chapter 33 - Dilli Wali Ending

I slowly stood up, my eyes on the gun pointed at me. Would Drishti really shoot me? Who knew?

From the corner of my eyes, I saw movement. Sanam was moving in behind the cars to get behind Drishti. Unfortunately for him, she caught him before he could attack her.

"Stop!" Drishti yelled at Sanam. "Both of you get in middle--right in front of me!" We didn't start moving until Drishti pulled the trigger. She stood between the cars, so we couldn't get behind her without her notice. Sanam and I complied. She smirked. "Think you were slick, huh?"

Her victorious smile fell when a stick popped out of the car window and hit her hand. The gun flew and Sanam caught it. I caught Drishti and checked the car window. It was Bebe grinning holding up her cane. Sanam laughed when he saw her.

"You're welcome," she said.

"I hate you! Bloody old hag--" I put Drishti's neck in a tight headlock. I wanted to yell at her but realized it would be waste of my time and breath.

"Maar diya jaye ya phir chod diya jaye (Should we leave her or kill her)?" Sanam asked.

Ten minutes later, Sanam, Bebe, and I were on our way to Preet and Sehaj's location. We got the name of the place from Drishti after threatening to lock her in the trunk of the car. Obviously, our end of the bargain was a lie. Drishti's mouth was tied with an old rag. We had tied her hands and feet with some old clothes in the trunk. Hopefully, she would survive in the trunk.

"I hope the girls are okay. I couldn't do anything at the time," Bebe said. She sat in the back and us guys up front.

I hoped too.

Once we stopped outside the address--a normal seeming house--Sanam told me to take out the pistol in the dashboard. It was Preet's dad's. Some paper fell along with it. Sanam took the pistol and emptied out the bullets. I picked up the paper and saw it was an acceptance letter from college.

"Oh look, someone passed entrance exams," I said nonchalant and put the paper back. "Why did you take out the bullets?"

Sanam handed me the pistol. "No license. In case you fire at the wrong person--" Soon his expression changed. "Wait, did you just--" He hurriedly pulled the paper out of the dashboard and looked over it. Bebe seemed surprised too. "Oh Manju aunty," muttered Sanam. "Navi ranked the highest in his mbbs exams, Bebe!" Who was Navi?

"What?" Bebe asked frowning.

I was completely lost. "I'll explain later," Sanam told me. He handed the paper to Bebe. "Rahul and I'll get the girls."

"All the best." She gave us a thumbs up.

We carefully snuck up. Sanam gestured that he was going from the right, so I took the left. It wouldn't be smart to enter from the front door.

The drizzling rain made it a little hard to see. But from a window, I saw the goons and the girls in the living room. Preet and Sehaj sat on wooden chairs, crying. What was wrong with Preet? She wasn't crying this bad when we were kidnapped. Maybe she's really afraid.

"Rahul!" I turned to find Sanam waving. "There's a back door."

We went to the back. It was locked, but we opened it by a lot of shoulder hitting and kicking. The guards were already alert. They began firing once the door opened. Sanam and I hid behind the wall. On the count of three, we attacked. Sanam fired at their knees and thighs, but ran out of bullets quickly. If only I knew how to shoot or had bullets.