Chapter 25

Sylvie

I wasn't prepared to see him with the photo in his hand, asking for answers. I feel like I've lost all hope, he won't forgive me, he won't want to see me again. My eyes were so wide open that Derek realized that I was unprepared for this conversation.

"WILL YOU SAY SOMETHING?"Derek yelled at me
"I.....think you already know......everything."
"I want to hear the story from you. These are facts and evidence that happened a long time ago and you were involved!" he told me and showed me a dossier.

"Why did you search my files? You know this is illegal. Why did you do it?" I asked him with my glance, scanning the files.

"Stiles has a sheriff Dad! I'm sure he agreed to search, knowing that his son is hanging out with a criminal."
Derek just called me a criminal.

"I'm not a criminal!" I said to defend myself.
"Really? What about the guy in the photo? His name is Chris Donner.
The police found your fingerprints on his body. You were the number one suspect but they never found the murder weapon! Where is it?"Derek told me in a disbelieving manner.

All that information! All those memories. The photo of Chris and Derek knowing almost everything, makes me want to run away and be lost forever! I can't handle that!

"And also your older sister is involved in that murder. Isabel Laurens. She is also known for her illegalities with Daniel Irvin."

I was looking at him with tears flowing down my eyes. Unable to react to the fact that he knows every detail of that tragedy.

"Daniel is the one who brought you to the hospital when you had the accident. He has a younger brother named Eric. I don't know much about him but he is involved too!"Derek said
I burst into tears. I couldn't stop it.
"DAMN YOU! SYLVIE SAY SOMETHING!"Derek shouted
I lost my balance and sat on the floor. I pulled my hands around my cold body and Derek was in front of me looking at me with a look of despair.

"What do you want me to tell you.? You already know everything. What else do you want to hear?" I said and I looked at him
He leaned over to me and looked at me.

"I just have a hope, you would tell me that all these are fake," Derek told me and I stared at him silent.

He waited for me for an answer but I didn't say anything.
Then he stood up abruptly and opened the door.
"Derek wait! Don't leave!"
"No. I think I should leave. I have always thought of you as my innocent girl who cares for me and would not hide her whole life and her past from me. But it's also my fault that I trusted you so quickly." he told me and took one step to the stairs.
"I'm still that girl Derek. I didn't change."
"You are wrong. You are the freak I saw that night outside my house. This explains the appearance you had when I met you first. Black clothes, dark gaze, ready to attack everyone, and the black circles under your eyes. I didn't find anything about your parents though."

"You tried to keep from me that you are a werewolf and that you were with me so you know that feeling!"I said

He looked at me wildly.

"I could have ripped your head off with my teeth if I wanted to. But I didn't and you know why. Also, you saw me transforming so I knew that I had to tell you. But I'm sure that you would never tell me about your past if I hadn't done that digger" he said
"I did it to protect you. It's not safe for you to know, you have to understand." I said.

"Don't tell me those kinds of bullshit. This sounds ridiculous!" He said and he made a few steps to his car.
"I LOVE YOU DEREK! BELIEVE IT OR NOT I LOVE YOU AND I WANT YOU TO BE SAFE!" I shouted.

He gave me a last look full of sadness and then he got into his car. I saw him driving away.

Anthi
This dress looks so expensive but it suits me well. It's a halterneck, red and short dress. I could say that this was one of the most expensive things I got for my birthday. He makes me feel comfortable and happy but it's not right.
I got out of the bathroom and Peter was sitting on the couch.

Okay, but his loft isn't the one I imagined. It's in the middle of nowhere and it's kind of old. But still not bad.

"Did I mention that you look gorgeous, wearing my present? I hope you like it!"Peter said while he was staring at me
"Well to be honest I thought you were the last person who would buy me something for my birthday," I said
"I like it when I surprise you. I've done it a lot of times," he said with a cute smile.

"Well if you have this kind of surprise, I might like you," I said and put my hand on my waistline.
"You might like me? Am I so unwelcome to you?"
"And how well do you know me, Mr Hale? Do you think that I can trust a middle-aged werewolf like you so quickly and easily?"

"I'm only thirty years old you are an adult. It's not illegal," he told me with a mocking attitude.

"Well, you have to do a lot more to win my trust and my heart," I said and I looked at him

"That's why I like you. You have the guts to tell how you feel and what you want without boggling. You know how to be a woman." he said with a flirty look.

"I'm sorry, are you flirting with me? Because you have that greedy style which I find a little ludicrous." I said.

"It's up to you. So what do you want to do? We can do some cuddles if you want."

"No sir. You have to prove to me that you are worthy to be with me even though you are a werewolf. I don't want to end up like Sylvie. Your nephew destroyed her life."

"My nephew is just trying to keep himself safe. Do you know what happened between him and a woman werewolf hunter?"
I paid more attention. Our discussion was taking another turn.

"What do you mean? What happened?"

"He was seduced by her and then he burnt me and my family. That psycho bitch. But I took revenge by killing her. But after that experience, Derek couldn't trust anyone. That's why he is acting like that."

Okay, I didn't imagine that Peter and Derek had that terrible past.

I sat next to him and I touched his hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that...... you've been through too much."
I said and looked at him

"I was watching my family and myself fighting with the flames and her, laughing and feeling proud of herself. I can't forget that." Peter said angrily and held my hand.

"What about Sylvie? What does Derek think about her?" I asked him
"I think that Sylvie is confusing him. She seems like an innocent girl but she is hiding something. But her honesty about her love for Derek made him fall for her." he said
"So you think that........he is in love with her......for real?" I asked him.

"Of course! Otherwise, he wouldn't saved her from me or Issac. And he cares for her more than he cares for the hunter Kate. But he doesn't want to make Sylvie believe that he loves her."
I wanted Sylvie to hear this!
Then I got a message from her.

Anthi! Where are you? Derek found out everything about the murder and my parents. He hates me and I can't stop crying. I will head over to his loft to tell him everything. But I need you to come there! You know part of the story that I don't know.
Oh fuck! That's even worse.
"Peter we have to go to Derek's loft. NOW!"

Sylvie
His door was open he was standing opposite of me, with his hands on the table. He looked at me.
"Why are you here?"Derek asked me.
My eyes were swollen from my tears. I felt smashed. But I didn't  have a choice. I love him and I don't want to lose him.
"I am here because I want to tell you what exactly happened to me the last years. But after that, it's up to you. I wanted to keep you safe but know I don't have a choice."
"I'm listening. I've already made my decisions," he said with a serious and cold look.

My body froze for a few seconds.

I looked at him and tried to start the story. It was harder than I thought. All these memories were coming back abruptly.

"Two years ago I was a sixteen-year-old girl with a normal life. Everything was about to change when I found out about my sister Isabel......"