Chapter 6

I opened my eyes and realized that I wasn't at home. I looked around and saw dust, broken wooden furniture, broken windows. I was lying on the floor and discerned the wound on my chest. I was sure it had more blood. Then the memories came back. Black figure, ready to rush me and Derek transforming into something scary.
"Oh no!"I said in a low voice and got up abruptly but then I got dazed and fell again.

"Ughhhh" I groaned. My head hurts.
Then I heard footsteps. It was Derek. He came to me. I didn't see the lines though. Neither the fangs. Just the beautiful face I knew.
"You're awake," he said and stopped opposite of me.

"Please don't hurt me. I promise I won't tell anyone." I begged him and my heart started beating fast.
I tried to drag myself back, like a snake and my eyes were wide open, staring at him with fright. He knelt, in front of me.
"Yeah I knew that you were going to react like that," he said, slipping off his leather jacket and placing it gently over my shoulders.
I stayed very close to him, glancing at him, bewildered.
We had strong eye contact and then he became upset.
"Why were you alone in the woods? Don't you care about yourself? Do you want to be killed?" he asked me loudly
"I don't want to be killed okay? I was looking for you"
"Why?" he asked me surprised and stood up.
"Just.....never mind, "I told him hesitantly.

Of course! Why would it matter after seeing what he is? I can't believe that I'm still talking to him. I should run away. Why didn't he kill me? It's dangerous for him too, knowing that I saw what he is.

"No! Tonight you made me reveal who I am so tell me now why did you come!" he yelled at me.

"I came because I need explanations. How the hell did you know where I live, why were you watching me at school, and why the hell do you want me to stay away from Allison and her friends?"
"Because it's dangerous okay? At least it wasn't until you found out the truth. I'm a werewolf, Sylvie! I'm a monster! That's why I'm living here in this burnt house. This was my home and the hunters burnt it. I don't want anyone to suspect me for being a murderer or a werewolf."
I kept staring at him trying to realize what was going on.
"Stiles and the others couldn't handle this secret. I didn't want to see you with them because I didn't want you to know about me."
I felt a momentary pain in my head like someone pinched my brain. This is not right.
"Did I answer to all of your questions? Now you can run away and scream that you saw a murderer.
And then I will end up dead. Is this okay for you?" he said in his deep upset voice.

I felt his speech like a lot of stabs in my stomach. I looked at him puzzled. I wanted to wake up from a nightmare. But this wasn't a nightmare. It was reality.
After a moment full of silence I looked at him and I told him something that I wasn't prepared for.

"Did I give you that impression of me? You seriously thought that I would tell the cops about this? Derek, do you think that I am that afraid? Sorry for ruining your impression but unfortunately I am not that kind of a girl. I left my country alone. I ran away from my home and I left my family behind. You don't know me so stop pretending like you do"

I shouldn't have said that. I want to forget all my memories. And I was very scared. The opposite of what I told him. But not for him. I'm scared for me. I'm not the perfect person to accuse someone of murder. That's why I'm not telling the cops. And because.....it's him.

"I'm sorry. You're right" he told me.

I kept staring into his eyes and he did the same.

"I knew that you were mysterious and creepy. Your uncle is scary too" I said
"What? When did you meet my uncle?" he asked me loudly
"A few minutes before that wolf attacked me. He was acting very strange and his face was...."
"Sylvie" Derek interrupted me.
"What?" I asked.

"That werewolf who attacked you is my uncle"
My mouth was wide open. How many supernatural facts am I going to learn tonight? I thought.

"What? Why would he do that?"

"Because he wanted to find me so I guess he thought that If he tried to hurt you I would probably face him and save you. He wanted to see my action." Derek said
"Then why did you save me?"I asked him and looked at him surprised.
He took three steps and came closer to me. He looked deeply into my eyes.

I wanted to kiss him so badly. No, Sylvie. Don't forget what you saw hours ago.
"I can't answer that," he whispered.

Then I realized that I was with Derek at his house and Anthi was alone at home probably scared.
"What time is it?" I asked Derek
"I don't have a clock," he replied
I found my little bag and I checked my phone. Fortunately, it wasn't broken.
4:26 am
19 Missed Calls from Anthi
"Omg, the sun will rise in a while. Anthi is scared and worried about me."I said
"What if she calls the cops?" Derek asked
"Don't worry I'm sure she won't," I told him.
"I'll drive you home. I'll leave you a few meters away from your house because I don't want to be seen. Let's go." Derek said
"Okay," I told him and followed him into his car.

While Derek was driving I was looking through the window. I don't know why but I like being in his car with him. I wanted to talk to him more.
"Derek....."
"What?"
"How did you heal my wound?"I asked him
"It's a secret"
"Seriously how did you do that? Did you use a towel or something?"
"No, I just cleaned it okay? Now change the subject."

"How many werewolves are in this town?" I asked him
I can't believe that I asked that.

"I'm not sure, there are a few packs. Also me, my uncle, and........Scott"
"Allison's boyfriend? Does she know about that?"I asked him terrified.
"Of course she does," he replied.
"Are you going to tell them that I know the truth?" I asked him.

He stopped the car a few meters away as he said. Then he looked confused and he was still holding his steering wheel.
"I don't know yet," he told me

Unconsciously I held his arm and looked at him.

"I won't make you regret for showing me who you are," I told him.

He looked surprised with my action and then he looked deeply into my eyes again.

God! When he looks at me like that I want to fall into his arms.

"I'm so sorry for that," I said ashamed, and opened his car's door. I refused to look at him. I left without saying anything.

When I reached the door Derek left.

I got in and saw Anthi sitting on the stairs crying. When she looked at me she came and hugged me.

"Please promise me that you won't do that again."
"I'm so sorry Anthi" and I started crying too
"Are you okay?" she asked me
"Yes, I am. I will explain everything at noon okay? We both need sleep."

After a while, she fell asleep and I went to my room. I lay on my bed and tried to calm down.

What am I going to tell her? That a werewolf attacked me and another werewolf who is a guy that I am falling in love with him saved me? How is that even possible? How does he feel about me? Am I going to be safe?
Falling in love? What am I thinking? To whom should I tell it and believe my story? I can't think of Derek like that, we don't live in fairytales, and my ending is doomed if my heart beats for this man.
This is just the beginning!