Chapter 2

The corridors are full of teens. The lockers are similar to those in teenage movies on TV. I had yesterday's appearance and I was hearing comments like "OMG" and "Does she ever look at herself in the mirror" We were passing them by. Anthi was very presentable. She was wearing a light pink top with a denim jacket on top and bell-bottom jeans. Her black hair was curly and reached up to her shoulder. Unfortunately, we are not in the same class.

The bell rang and I ran to find the classroom where I would attend for the first hour. It was chemistry, a subject which I do not understand at all but I have to pay attention to it if I continue wanting to be a scientist. So while I was running, I fell on a girl. She was also a brunette who had soft and curly hair. I apologized to her and entered the classroom. Our teacher wished us a good school year.

The time passed quickly and we joined groups for homework that we would do for next time. I realized that the girl we were working with, was the one I pushed before. I approached her to break the ice.

"I'm so sorry for bumping into you like that," I said and tried to smile.
"Don't worry I get it. It happens to me a lot so I know that feeling" she told me and smiled.
"So we are together on this chemistry preparation and I want to say that I am new to this town and ....."

"Oh don't worry you can come to my place to be more comfortable "she interrupted me.
"That's great! I am Sylvie" I said and finally smiled.
"I'm Allison"
A girl with honey-colored hair
approached us
"Thank god Allison I found you. Scott's looking for you"
She looked at me and formed an expression of discomfort and disgust.

"What's that?" She shouted and pointed at me with her finger.
"Lydia watch your mouth," Allison shouted
"No! Can you see how ugly she is Oh my god!" she croaked.
She leaned over to me and gave me a snob look from the top to the bottom.
"Did you give up on your life?" she asked me ironically.

That question has haunted me. I didn't know what to answer. Lydia grabbed Allison's hand and they left. When I got home I was not in the mood for anything. I didn't want to eat anything even though Anthi cooked pasta, but every time I swallowed a bite, my stomach rejected it.

In the evening, I went to the woods for a walk. I had to think about how to start a normal life. Teens are so different here. So happy, and enjoying their senior years.
I don't conform with them.

At one point I saw an abandoned house and approached it. I sat under a tree a few meters away from that house. It looked a bit burnt. I turned on my phone and called my mom. I lied to her that I was at home with Anthi. She said goodnight to me and I turned the phone off.
Suddenly I saw a tall, black-clad man coming towards me from a distance.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me
I looked at him but I couldn't see much on his face because it was nighttime he had a wild gaze
"This is private property," he told me bossily.
"Okay so where does this property end cause I need to chill for a little," I asked him
"Over there," he told me and showed me a tree
I got up and sat under the tree he showed me. He followed me and came in front of me.
"What are you doing here alone? Don't you have a home?" He asked me
"Of course I have but I wanted to go for a walk," I replied
"Aren't you afraid?"
"Should I? I don't care about anything. I'm tired of being afraid of everything." I told him
"Well to be honest you can't avoid that. Every person is afraid of something," he replied.

"So private property huh? You live here?" I asked him to change the subject
"Yes."
"Are you okay? Why would you live there?" I asked him
"Because I like it. I don't care if it's burnt, it's my home."
"Okay cool .... I just thought that with that kind of clothes, you are rich. I can see a rich man" I told him
"And I can see a freak who judges everyone except herself"

My eyes opened widely and looked at him surprised.

"You find me a freak? "I asked him, embarrassed
"Yes, a freak who would do anything to be the ice of the top" he answered, coldly
"Oh my god," I said, panicked.

"I can see clearly that on the inside you are another person. More real than the freak one. And you don't want to show her to the real world because you are afraid." he continued talking with the same attitude

How can he see inside of my soul? This directness of his stare, feeling that he was scanning my inside world.

I stood up and looked at him, ready to cry again.
"You don't know how others expect you and when they see who you are they try to hurt your feelings," I told him

"And you shouldn't care because you're being yourself. Seems like you have serious problems with your life and yourself. So it's worthless to talk to you."
I started running and shouting "I can't fix this"
I heard him muttering"You are right"
Tears were flowing from my eyes. When I got home, Anthi saw me.
"What happened?" She asked me scared
"I need your help," I told her

No, this is too hard for me. But deep inside, I know that he is right. I need to change my appearance because I know that I don't like it. I was more beautiful before so it's time for me to change after those months of suffering from depression and pills.

This man, how the hell could he talk to me like that? How did he change my mind with a conversation that lasted about five minutes?