Chapter 24

Sylvie

"I know that I am not the person who has the best pieces of advice to give but I will give one to you. You are doing the right thing. I mean you two are different. Girl, you can find someone better. And a human!"Lydia said
Ouch! That was bad but it was the truth.

When we arrived at my house I saw Anthi's car and I felt relieved.
Thank god. She is here and safe!
I thanked Lydia and got inside. I missed my house and especially my room so much!
"You are here!" Anthi said while she was washing some dishes.
"Yes! What about you? Did you see Eric or Daniel?"
"Nope! None of them," she said
"I guess we wait for a while. I want them to be arrested. That's the only way to end this terrible story." I said
"Okay but now you have to focus on yourself. Go upstairs and have a bath. I will prepare our lunch."Anthi said
"It's 6 pm, it's dinner time," I said
"Right. Well I will prepare our dinner," she said and we laughed.

After a hot bath, I felt my body so soft and I put on a body mist that smelled like a coconut. My hair was silky and shiny. I was wearing my blue nightdress and I went into my bedroom to leave my phone charging. Then I got scared of what I saw!
Derek was outside my window and he was trying to open it.
I run immediately to the window.
"No!" I said and locked it
"Open it!"Derek ordered.
"No! Leave now!" I said
"I won't leave until we talk!"
Knowing that he wouldn't leave if I didn't open the window I opened it and he got in.
"This is dangerous okay?" I yelled at him
"Well you didn't give me the chance to talk to you before," he said
We had a decent distance but it was something that I wasn't used to doing with him.

"What do you want Derek? What's your plan? Do you want to make me feel sad again?" I asked him
"Stop being overdramatic. You don't understand...."
"Overdramatic? I fell for you, I trusted you, you made me feel alive after a very long time of suffering, I slept with you. And then what happened? I found out that I was your toy! Isn't this enough for you?" I yelled at him.

"I wasn't playing with you!" Derek said
"You know what? I'm not going to tell your wild secret, and not because I am afraid of you, because I'm not a bitch who would use you to the police!"I said.

"You need to let me explain. I was about to come that night and tell you the truth but then I heard Anthi screaming and crying about your accident. I was the first one who arrived at the hospital but I was worried about what would happen if I met your parents. But then I heard that a man brought you injured to the hospital. Who was it, Sylvie? Do you know?"
"I don't know and this is not of your business!" I yelled at him
"Where are your parents Sylvie? Do they know what happened?" he asked me. I could see the doubt on his face.
"Okay, what exactly are you pretending to be? A police officer or an overprotective boyfriend who cares about the love of his life?" I asked him intensely
I can't believe I just said that!
He didn't answer.

Then Derek took a step forward and came closer to me. He was looking deeply into my eyes and then I felt my body frozen from this look he gave me.

"The night that Issac attacked you when I brought you here and Ralph saw us, I asked you a question. I asked you if you saw me suffer, would come and save me? And you answered yes. The unexpected part was the honesty you had. You weren't lying and I felt something like a wall, being broken after that. That's when I started to see you differently. I believed in you. I felt some feelings that I had years to feel and for the first time, they were positive, good emotions. But how would I share those feelings with the others? They had known me as a wild werewolf, a monster, a lonely criminal who doesn't care about anyone but himself. That's why I made that story and I told them this big lie. The last thing I want is someone to use you just to make me succumb."
I kept looking at him, trying to figure out his plan.

"So it was a plan. What about the night that I slept with you? Did you enjoy it or it was just part of your plan too?" I asked him.

I don't know why but this question is one of the most important for me. I have had traumatic experiences in this field.

"All I felt while we were making love was passion and......satisfaction," he told me
"Satisfaction?"
"Yes. I saw how innocent you are and that made my feelings for you stronger. Every time I look at you I see a pure beautiful girl who deserves a happy life."Derek told me.

Ugh! I'm crying again. I feel even worse now! What am I going to do to save him from Eric?

"I didn't want to make you cry again. I told you the truth. I need you, Sylvie! Not only in my personal life but in our group too. We have more enemies to cope with!"Derek said and put his hands around my waist.
"What?" I said surprised
"A whole pack of alpha werewolves. We need to stay united. Peter knows better."
"I'm sorry Derek but I can't do that," I said and looked down.

"What do you mean?"
"I can't be with you and the others."
"Why? What happened?"
"It's complicated and dangerous."
"Do you hear yourself? Didn't you hear what I said to you before?" Derek yelled at me.

Okay now I made him angry but I can't tell him what happened. I want to protect him. I know that it's ridiculous but I love him and I don't want him to be in danger because of me.

"Sylvie! Tell me now!" Derek ordered
"I'm sorry Derek," I said with tears flowing down my eyes
Then I heard Anthi's voice outside my door. I opened it and saw her, anxious.
"Sylvie! The police found him!"
"What? Did they arrest him?"
"Yes! Come downstairs for the details"Anthi said and went downstairs.
When I turned my head to my window, Derek disappeared.

Derek
"Stiles? Listen to me carefully. I want you to ask your dad about Sylvie's accident. And all her files, you know.
"Are you serious? What if he asks me why?"
"I don't care! Just find a way to see how she came to Beacon Hills, where are her parents, and the man who brought her here."
"Dude, you've gone too far! I'm not sure that I can do this!"
"Do it Stiles! I want her files as soon as possible!" I said and I closed the phone.
I feel like Sylvie is hiding her whole life from me and I hate that. I can see it in her eyes that deep down, she is afraid of me.
I got back to my new loft and waited for Stiles.
He came after one hour, holding some dossiers.

Sylvie
I woke up with a terrible headache and it was noon. I looked myself in the mirror and all I saw was tear marks and mascara down my eyes. I cleaned my face and I wore my jeans with my grey top. I made a sandwich and tried to think about my abjection and my misery. But then I remembered something.
It's Anthi's birthday today!
Oh my god! Where is she? Maybe she went shopping. I decided to wait for her by watching some TV. Comedy of course because I won't handle more sadness.

It was almost night and Anthi wasn't at home yet. I closed the TV and grabbed my phone to call her.
Suddenly I heard a very loud knocking on my door and I got really scared. I approached the door slowly and opened it. It was Derek
It's the first time seeing Derek looking at me with a look full of rage.
"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked him hesitantly.
He closed the door and came closer to me with that look that was killing me.
"Derek, why are you looking at me like that? What happened?"
"Don't you know? You think I don't have a reason to look at you like that?"
I have but I don't want to think about it.
"Just tell me! I can't stand watching you like that!"I yelled.

"SO WHAT, ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ME JUST LIKE YOU DID WITH THE BOY OVER HERE?"Derek shouted and showed me the picture.
I felt that I lost my sense of time. I couldn't feel if this was a nightmare or my real life.
"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SYLVIE?"Derek shouted at me

The time has come. From now on everything that happens will be based on my decisions.