Chapter 17

I was a little dazed but I felt so safe in Derek's arms. How strong he is! I want to thank him with a kiss!
He was walking out of the dark and mysterious forest holding me. And the full moon in the sky was amazing.

"How are you feeling right now?"Derek asked me
"My head hurts a little and I don't know If I could walk. My leg hurts so much." I said and tilted my head to his shoulder.
"Don't worry about your leg," he said
"Wait a minute...Did you wait for the perfect time to stop Issac from biting me?"I asked him
"Yes," he said

"HOW COULD YOU?" I yelled at him, angry
"You seriously thought that I wouldn't stop him?" he asked me
"Yes! What If he had attacked you?"I said
"He can't attack me!"
"And why are you so sure?"I asked
He stopped walking and looked at me deeply in my eyes.

"Because I'm the alpha," he said.

Then he continued walking. When we finally saw houses instead of trees he helped me sit on the ground.

"Alright, let me see your leg," he said
"Be careful 'cause it hurts," I said
He touched my ankle and then he squeezed it.
"Ughh! Don't do that again" I said and groaned.
"Okay this is gonna hurt but after that, you will be fine okay?" he asked me
"Okay......"I said
Then he squeezed my leg more and I heard something like a crack.

"Ahhhhhhhh!"I screamed
"Okay now stand up!" Derek said
"Are you crazy? I can't!" I said to him frowned.
"You can. Stand up," he said
I stood up and started walking. Fortunately, I could walk normally and I wasn't in pain.
"Oh my god thank you!" I said
"You're welcome. Now let's go. Is Anthi at home?" he asked me.
"No," I said
"Well, I should follow you to your house. I am a good boyfriend, aren't I?" he asked and smiled at me.
"Well yes but you need to be careful. I saw you today far away staring at me. Why are you doing that?" I asked him
"Because I wanted to see you! Do you know how hard it is for me to be used to our secret relationship?" he asked me.

Yeah, I don't know how much would someone like this view. Me and Derek walking in the night.
We were a few meters away from my house and I saw someone standing outside my door. Then I realized that it was Ralph.

"Oh my god Ralph is there waiting for me! Derek hide yourself!" I said and pushed him.
"Why would I do that?" he asked me
"I don't want him to see us together. It's dangerous." I said
"So what? Are you going to give him hope about you and him?" He asked me and looked at me wildly.
Then I realized that this black coat he is wearing makes him a handsome boss. He is the alpha though.
"No, I will ask him to leave!"I said.
"Fine I give you five minutes to kick his ass," he said and left.

I approached Ralph and started feeling a little awkward.
"I was about to call the police!" He said
"I'm sorry Ralph I went for a walk," I said
"Alone? Or with company?" he asked me and raised his eyebrows.
"I don't like your attitude!" I said
"I don't like yours either!" he yelled at me
"Okay, are you drunk?" I asked him trying to distract him.
"I could be but I'm not. I want straight answers!" he said

"Trust me! We can't talk right now!" I said and I took my keys out from my jacket pocket.
"No! I'm not leaving!" he said
"Okay come in!" I said with my low voice.

I couldn't stand him shouting at me like that! We were standing in the living room. The lights were off.
"What would you like to know? Think fast because I'm waiting for someone." I said abruptly.
"Who?"Ralph asked me and looked at me wildly.
"SOMEONE! Stop that interrogation!" I yelled at him and stared at him with anger.
"Is this how he affects you? By dragging you to his secret places and seducing you?"
"What?" I asked him breathlessly
"I know him, Sylvie! Derek Hale is a criminal! You are not safe with him! Don't you get it?"

God that's even worse! What am I going to tell him now?

Suddenly Derek opened my unlocked door and approached Ralph.
"You're leaving! NOW!"Derek said and looked at Ralph wildly.
"Oh, am I? Are you sure? It's up to Sylvie! Do you want me to leave Sylvie?"Ralph asked me.
I kept staring at both of them but I was afraid to answer Ralph's question.

"Yes Ralph.....I want you to leave." I said and kept looking at him.

He was surprised by my decision. He came closer to me and he whispered in my ear.

"I understand your situation, Sylvie.....You are attracted by someone who affects you. I understand also the fact that you are in love with him and afraid of him at the same time. He will hurt you......"Ralph whispered.

"LEAVE NOW!"Derek shouted.
Ralph looked at Derek threateningly and then he left.

I was sitting on the couch trying not to be anxious again from Ralph's words.
"If he makes you sad for one more time, I will make him regret it, I promise," Derek said.
"He is right Derek......I mean look at us one could accept us as a couple."I told him.
"We shouldn't care about the others. Ralph is jealous. That's why he wants to make you feel guilty."Derek replied.
"Well, he did it," I replied and put my hands on my knees.

"I heard what he whispered to you," he said and tilted my chin to make me face him.
"Are you afraid of me Sylvie?" he asked me and he was looking deeply into my eyes.

I stood up and went to the window. I wanted to see the moon. I didn't want to look at him while I was going to answer his question.

"Yes, Derek. Sometimes I am. I'm scared of watching you transform into a monster. I'm scared of thinking that you can bite me and kill me if you want. But this can't change the way I feel about you. I care about you and you know that." I said and tears rolled down my face.
He didn't say anything but he seemed confused. But why?
"If you see me suffering, would you give up everything to come and help me?" he asked me
"Yes," I replied to him with honesty.

For the first time, I saw Derek bemused. I think he lost his temper.
"Are you okay?" I asked him
"Yeah, it's because of the full moon. I have to go!" he said and he went outside.
"Thank you," he said to me and left.

I closed the door and watched him running away from my window. I took a big breath and looked down.
I knew that it would be difficult. But it doesn't help me the fact that Ralph knows.
He doesn't know that he is a werewolf. Or that werewolves exist. That is a positive thought for now.

I wore my blue nightdress and checked myself in the mirror. I look like a fairy with my dark, long wavy hair and my slim body. I lay across my bed and gave a blank stare to the window while my hand was playing with the corner of my pillow.
I want to see what he is doing when I'm absent from his field of view. I'm curious about his life.
With the thought of him in my mind, I fell asleep.

Anthi
I was tired of my conversation with Michael. When I finally arrived at my house I was about to unlock the door but I heard someone calling my name.
"Anthi!"
"Who's there?"I asked
No one talked. I opened the door and when I was about to get in the house I felt a resistance. Then I opened the door to see what was going on. A man was standing there and staring at me. You could say that he was an older man around thirty-five years old. His eyes were blue and looked like a psychopath.
"Hello Anthi," he said
"Who are you?"I asked
"You could say that I am a friend. I wanted to see you."
"I'm sorry I'm not into sugar daddies," I told him with a fake smile.
"That sucks. Because I find you attractive," he said
"Who are you?"I asked him threateningly
"I'm Peter Hale. Derek's uncle."
"Oh my god," I said and started shaking.