Chapter 5

I got into the house, confused by the conversation I had before with Derek. I went to the fridge to eat something before going to bed.
Wait a minute.
How did he know my address? I haven't told him where I live. How did he find my house?

My hands began to tremble. I couldn't walk. My whole body was shaking. I laid back on my bed and tried to calm down. I have to find Derek tomorrow and ask him for explanations. After that, I will manage to stay away from him.

At least I will try.

Suddenly I felt a cold hand on my face. When I opened my eyes the sun was already risen. I saw Anthi looking at me.
"What happened? What time is it" I asked her.
"The time is noon. I returned from Michael's house a while ago. I saw you under the duvet and I thought you were sick and that's why you are not at school."
"I'm fine, I just came home late last night," I said and stood up.
"Did you have a good time?" she asked me
"Yes ....... in the afternoon I will go to Allison's house again because she needs help with maths."I lied.

"You'll be back early because I don't want to be alone, "Anthi told me and hugged me with the duvet.

I had to lie to her. I don't know why I'm keeping it a secret from her. If she finds out, she will lock me in my room to protect me. I think she shouldn't know. She will probably stay safe.
Before I left, I did a natural make-up look.
As I was heading for Derek's house, I was a little worried because it was already getting dark. When I arrived, I approached the door slowly because the place was creepy. Then a man came outside. I have never seen him before. He was wearing a black coat and his face was reminiscent of a psychopath.

"Hello, are you looking for Derek?"
"Um Yes....." I told him, hesitantly.
"I'm Peter, his uncle. I'm sorry but he is not here right now"
"Nice to meet you. I'm Sylvie" I said coldly and my hands were hugging my body.

"I didn't know my nephew is hanging out with pretty girls. You are beautiful. Your eyes are so big and expressive" he told me and approached me slowly.
"Thank you..... Ummm...Could you please tell him to....meet me?"I said and took some steps back unconsciously.

"Don't worry I will. But I want to give you one advice."
He came closer to me. He had a creepy smirk. I couldn't understand his intentions.
"Don't walk in the woods alone. It's dangerous."
"Okay.....Thank you" I said to him and turned my back to him.

I already started to catch a cold. It was night and it was dark. My arms were still wrapping around my body to keep myself warm. This man was right.
It's very creepy, walking in the woods at night. But I wasn't afraid of that because because I had this unforgettable thought in my mind.

I caused danger to other people. So nothing can be that scary to put me in danger.
Stupid thought.

Suddenly I heard footsteps, they could probably be mine but as soon I was walking faster I heard someone growling.

I glanced back to see who it was but I saw a black figure with red eyes and fangs in his mouth.

I couldn't figure out what animal it was. He stood on both feet like a human. Suddenly it started running towards me. I was screaming and running away. Then I felt his fingernails scratching my leg, I lost my balance and fell. The monster brought his face close to mine and was about to bite me. They tore my shirt with his hand and scratched me to the neck. The scratch was so deep that I could feel his fingernails inside my skin. I screamed very loudly.
When it tried to bite me, I saw Derek pushing it away. He started scratching this monster wilder. Then I saw Derek's eyes turning light blue and lines formed on his face that looked like wrinkles. And when he opened his mouth I saw fangs.

I started feeling dizzy and unconscious, I fell to the ground again. At one point I felt two strong hands hugging me.