Tarrant 'Mad Hatter' Hightopp #3

Start from the beginning

"They're white roses, mother

"They're white roses, mother." You said. "What were you expecting? Red roses? You know I despise colorful flowers. They don't look good for wedding days. White roses are more elegant and more simple. Now let's go, (y/n). It is time act like a lady and get ready to marry Samual." Your mother said, as she grabbed your upper arm and walked you out of your bedroom and headed to the back of your family mansion where the wedding ceremony was taking place.

***

When you were ten years old, you discovered Underland after you followed the White Rabbit, McTwisp, down a rabbit hole. At first, you thought it was all a dream, but, thankfully, it wasn't since it was the type of place you wanted to live in than the life with your rich, etiquette parents. You made lots of friends, especially with Hatter. The two of you became very close, inseparable best friends. You both would have tea parties and picnics, share stories, and make hats together. Being with him changed your life forever since you weren't happy with your family.

Twelve years later, you found out from your mother that you're arranged to be married to Samual Bennett, the greedy, selfish son of an investor. She told you that once you marry him, you have to focus on your responsibilities as a wife and a mother when you have children in the future and no distractions. It hurt you because you knew you could never go back to Underland and never see your friends, especially Hatter because you had loving feelings for him. You kept thinking that you should be marrying him instead, but you couldn't because you never told anyone about him and Underland and you'll end up in an asylum if you tell anyone about Underland. You had no choice but to tell Hatter and all your friends that you're never coming back to Underland because of your arranged marriage. It hurt everyone, especially Hatter, who looked heartbroken that last time you saw him. It was the hardest thing you had to do that you didn't want to.

But when you thought you saw Hatter in your bedroom earlier, it made you realize that you're making the biggest mistake of your life. Going through with the arranged marriage when you should be leaving your prison life with your wealthy family and marry Hatter in Underland instead. It's like your heart was telling you to leave your wedding and go back to Hatter. You went with your gut instinct. You knew you had to get out of this wedding and go back to Underland.

***

"Do you Samual take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? To honor and to cherish, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked. "I do." Samual said. You gulped when it was your turn. "And do you, (y/n), take Samual take this man to by your lawfully wedded husband? To honor and to cherish, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked. Your heart was racing as you couldn't say anything for a moment. "I...I..." You stuttered. Samual looked irritated when he muttered, "Say 'I do', (y/n)." "I..." You stuttered again. 'Just do what your heart is telling you to do. It's now or never.' You heard your conscience telling you.

"I don't." You finally said, with confidence. You heard everyone gasped, in shock. Even Samual was shocked when you said that. You were about to turn and run off, but Samual grabbed your upper arm, tightly. You winced in pain as you turned back to him. "What's the matter with you, (y/n)? We are arranged to be married. It's someone else, isn't it?" He said. You glared at him and said, "Yes, it is. His name is Tarrant Hightopp and I'd rather be his wife than be yours, Samual." Then, you slammed your bouquet of roses in his face, causing him to exclaim in shock and everyone to gasped out loud. You ran away from the altar and ran towards the forest to find the rabbit hole.