Chapter 40: It Felt Right

So guys I'm really sorry for what's been happening lately! I've been working over sixty hours a week and haven't had the time for ANYTHING! I've been trying to write to give you at least something to read but as I read over it there's been no action at all and we can't have that! So next chapter there will be some action! And then a couple chapters later will be the fight with Chaska and the opponent Nixon chooses! We all know who it's going to be though. Anyways sorry for being so docile. There will be some action! Enjoy!

Nova

So this is my home now? Gryffin asked as I lead everyone inside.

Yes. This is your home now. Want to see your room?

He nodded excitedly so I brought him to it and the smile on his face was so heartwarming I nearly teared up.

This is really all for me?

I nodded as he looked over everything and touched what he could. He ran over and hugged me tight thanking me over and over again. I'm just happy he's finally home. I helped him get situated before making dinner. Everyone smiled and waved at Gryffin as they came into the kitchen to see what I was cooking.

"Steak! Yes!" Ashton cheered as he inhaled over the cast iron. I shoved him away and continued to cook. Hands slid around my waist as a chin hit my shoulder. I leaned back into Finn and smiled. I'm in a very good mood today.

"You're all kinds of happy. I can feel it. It's rubbing off on me."

I smiled and kissed him, ready to finish dinner and put the kids to bed so we can have some alone time. Not only has he earned it, but I want to be all over him in my own way of saying thank you for what he did. Just as I went to respond someone cleared their throat to get our attention. I looked over and it was Walowski.

"I have testing tomorrow morning on the cure. And Nixon wants you there. I think I've finally done it Nova. We can go after breakfast but I really think I did it."

I was in shock. The cure is finally ready? I have to be there. I need to see this for myself.

"I'm coming too. I'll put in the contacts. But I want to be there too." Finn said as we both nodded at Walowski.

"That's fine. We'll be leaving first thing in the morning so be ready. I think we finally did it."

If he really managed to create a cure...that means Finn and I are one step closer to our happily ever after. Living in our home, playing with the kids, Finn writing books and me working with my shelter animals. I want it to happen so bad. And we might get it sooner than I thought.

"We'll be ready."

Once dinner was ready I made sure the kids were served first and took my seat. My little family sat at the island and I was right. He belonged here. We were talking and joking around, living in our own little world.

It felt good.

It felt right.

And I could tell Finn was starting to feel it too. I didn't need the bond to know that. I can see it in his genuine smile. I know it's going to take some time but I also know he'll come around.

Gryffin is even easier than Shasta and even though she can be a crack-head sometimes she's still easy to take care of. She barely talks back or throws fits. Doesn't whine or cry all the time. She pretty much just goes with the flow. And Gryffin is even easier than she is. Finn will see that soon. I know he will.

After dinner Finn went to hang out with Tommy so I took the kids up to my room and put on a movie. They each lied down at one of my sides and cuddled into me as it played. With subtitles of course. I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up to the sound of my iPod taking a picture. I cracked open my eyes and Finn smiled at me as I looked at him.

"Had to take a picture. You guys look adorable."

It took me a minute but then I understood why. Both kids were spooning me, Shasta's head on my arm and Gryffin's on my chest. Shasta's mouth was wide open and she was drooling all over me so that's cool. Gryffin was slightly snoring and he was drooling all over me too. Guess I'm gonna have to change my shirt.

"Do you want to bring them to their room?"

I nodded and pointed at Shasta so he'd grab her and I could take Gryffin. We put them in their beds and covered them up and as we went to leave I felt a tug on my hand. I looked down at Gryffin and smiled at what he signed.

I hope this is forever. I want to stay with you forever. I want you to be my mommy.

I leaned down and hugged him, pulling away to kiss his forehead.

I'm never giving you up. Never ever. I promise.

He nodded and smiled too.

Never ever. He signed back, closing his eyes and fell asleep. I finally got up to my room and changed my wet shirt before flopping down next to Finn.

"I just need time." Finn told me as I kissed him. I was ready to not get sleep. He's earned it.

"I know."