Chapter 24: Never Ever

Nova

We went on every ride with the kids twice except for the ferris wheel. Shasta didn't want to because it was too slow but Finn said he wanted to. Just with me too. We got in line and asked the woman running the ride to watch the kids.

I felt uneasy leaving them with a stranger but Finn said it would be really quick and pretty much begged me to do it with him. I signed to the boy that we would be really quick and while he seemed uneasy he nodded and stood with the woman beside Shasta as Finn and I got on.

"Let me guess. You asked her to stop us at the top so we could makeout?" I said as we started moving. Finn blushed slightly and shrugged, looking a little embarrassed.

"You know that's like super cheesy and cliché right?" I teased further as he put his arm around me.

"You might not like the cheesy stuff but I do. I've always wanted to kiss a girl at the top with a pretty view. Livi refused to do it with me saying the same thing. I was hoping you'd be different." He replied deflated. I watched him for a moment before slowly smiling and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Okay Finn. You can have your cheesy moment. We'll have the best makeout session ever once we reach the top and stop. But I'm going to make fun of you on the way down."

Finn beamed a smile anyways and kissed my cheek as we got further up. "Wouldn't be you if you didn't."

Once we reached the top the ride stopped and Finn pointed out at the view. And it was really pretty. The beach was right in front of us and it looked beautiful from up here. The water was so clear and blue. I could see the tide and the coral reef of different colors just outside of the drop off. We might have to go snorkeling over there I bet we'll see some cool fish and sea creatures. The sun was slowly going down casting bright rays through the sky and reflected onto the sea. It was really beautiful.

"This is the part where we makeout now." Finn said as I continued to gaze at our view.

I rolled my eyes and turned to him to do as I said I would. Finn held my face in his hands and we ended up getting pretty into it. We didn't stop until the ride started moving again. He pulled away with a satisfied smile and leaned back as I rolled my eyes. He really is cheesy and cliché but something this simple probably made his day. He looked pretty happy as we made our way around a few more times before getting off and went back to the kids.

"You're ridiculous you know that right?" I said with a laugh as his smile stayed.

"Yeah but I feel great so I don't give a shit."

I rolled my eyes again before leading everyone towards the garlic fries stand. I've wanted them since we got here and Finn looked pretty excited too. We both got a boat and asked the kids what they wanted. Shasta wanted a funnel cake of course. She's like every other kid loves her sweets. Normally I'd make her eat something of health value first but I can let it go for today. I tapped the boy's shoulder and smiled when he looked up at me smiling too.

What do you want to eat? I asked him.

You mean I get something too?

Of course sweet boy. Pick anything you want.

He looked around before pointing at a giant corn dog. It was almost as big as his arm. Whatever he doesn't eat I'm sure Finn will.

"You take Shasta to get the cake and I'll take him. Meet at those benches when we're done?"

Finn nodded and kissed my cheek, taking Shasta's hand and led her towards the stand. I brought the boy to his and got him his corn dog. He was pretty excited about it too.