Chapter 38: Pre-Engaged

Nova

My alarm went off for 11:00 and Finn narrowed his eyes at me as I shut it off and got dressed as quickly as possible with Finn going too slow. But I won't rush him. Even though I really want to.

"You set an alarm?"

I checked my hair and makeup in the mirror expecting it to be everywhere. It actually wasn't too bad. I was able to fix my hair and all I had to do was reapply the lipstick again. I finished getting dressed and ready and slid my handguns into my holsters as Finn came up from behind me and kissed down my neck and shoulder.

"Are you ready?" He asked me as he pulled away to look at me through the mirror.

"Very ready." I replied as my excitement came back.

"I'm assuming you chose this outfit for pictures. Do I look okay?"

I turned around and rolled his sleeves up to his elbows and fixed the hairs sticking out of his hat. But it was backwards and I love it when he wears it like that.

"Okay. You're good." I said with a smile and went to leave the room. He snagged my hand and pulled me back for a kiss. And then another one. And then one more.

"Finn we need to gooooo!" I whined, trying to leave again.

"Wait. Look at me."

I looked into his eyes and smiled as he smiled down at me too.

"I love you."

I kissed him again like I haven't already had enough and hugged him close to me as my excitement grew. "And I love you."

"I will do this on one condition."

I narrowed my eyes at him and took a step back. I thought we were already doing it?

"You're marrying me two years from now."

Was he being serious?

"I feel your disbelief. Yes I'm being serious. Marry me. In two years."

I watched him carefully as I thought about it. By then we'll have been together for almost four years. I pictured marrying Finn sometimes just not that soon. But then I thought about it. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this man. I know it. That won't change in two years. So why the fuck not? Two years is good for me. I'm sure I'll be ready by then.

"Okay. I accept your deal."

Finn now looked at me in disbelief with narrowed eyes. "Are you joking?"

I rolled my eyes and kissed him before heading towards the door again.

"What did I tell you about asking me that every time I make a move?"

I started walking towards the stairs when Finn rushed up behind me and tossed me over his shoulder.

"Hey! I hate this stop it!" I whined as he pushed Finch's door open.

"Hey. You owe me ten bucks. Nova said yes."

Finch cussed under her breath and glared at me but I was lost. They made a bet? With something not even in currency?

"You didn't. You said you'd marry him in two years?"

I felt my face go slightly red as I nodded.

"Dammit. Okay Finn. I'll find you a ten dollar bill somewhere. I can't believe she said yes."

"Congrats man. On your...super early engagement." Tommy said as he turned back to the tv. Finn walked downstairs and refused to put me down as he looked for someone else. He found Amy and Ashton next.

"Nova and I are getting married in two years. Just thought you should know just in case you tried to bust a move. We're pre-engaged now."

"And I'll give you another black eye-Can you please put me down now?" I groaned when he continued walking.

"But I want to tell everyone."

"Finn we're not even actually engaged. Put me down."

"But we're pre-engaged. That's gotta count for something."

I rolled my eyes and let him torture me until he said something to everyone. When he was finally done he slapped my ass and set me down, grabbing my ass as he kissed me.

"It wasn't just a bet though. I'm being serious. You're marrying me in two years."

I rolled my eyes and just went with it at this point. I don't know what to believe.

"Mommy where are you?!" Shasta called from the top of the stairs.

"Down here Little One!" I told her as I made my way over the bottom of the stairs. She came down and pointed to her hair excitedly.

"I look like you again! Can we take a picture?"

I pulled out my iPod and picked her up, turning the front-facing camera on and took a few pictures of us. It was now 12:00. I was about to take one last picture when Finn put his face next to mine and smiled too. We took a few more pictures before I shoved him towards the door.

"Okay I'm going I'm going. Your jeep or my jeep? Ashton can have the minivan."

"My jeep."

I let Shasta climb in the back and shut the door before hopping into the driver's seat. Finn got in the passenger seat and we were finally off.