Soft Janus

Ships: Dukeceit/Demus
TW: Old writing. mentions of sex, but nothing happens. Cursing. Evil Janus/ Remus (in the fun way)
(THIRD PERSON POV)

Thomas sighed and rubbed his temple, looking up again as he stood in the middle of his living room. "Logan!"

Logan appeared by the stairs, like usual. "Yes?"

"Why is everything so calm??"

"Sorry, what?"

"There's been  no screaming, crying, fighting, or general bloodshed all day. Why??"

"Well, Roman and Virgil have mainly been in the latter's room. I prefer not to bother them too much. And Patton's helped me with the new script all day. Everyone has just been doing their own things."

"... Silence in any other situation is great. Silence when you have Janus and Remus is suspicious."

"That... is very true. Oh, god. Where have they been??"

"DECEIT! DUKE!"

In a flash, all the other sides that Thomas knew of where standing in their spots. Janus was wearing a cloak that swept the floor, with the hood pulled up, glaring at the ground as he crossed his arms. Remus, however, smiled widely as he munched on his deodorant. "You called us!" the Duke exclaimed.

"You called them?" Virgil asked while Roman inched away from his brother.

"What are you two schemeing?" Thomas asked the dark sides, answering Virgil's question.

"Currently, it's the demise of Anxiety and the Prince," Janus snapped, at the same time, the Duke chirped,

"Nothing! Just eating this deodorant!"

Everyone turned to the lying side. "The cloak is new," Patton noted. "Is it to look edgier?"

"No," he replied.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Logan asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Because," Roman started, "He's embarrassed."

"Why would Janus be embarrassed? I've never seen him anything less of over-confident," Thomas objected, looking over at the prince. "... And an idiot. But he's never embarrassed by it."

"Dee, why don't you show them what's under the cloak?" Virgil teased, smirking. Janus clenched his jaw and snapped, the cloak disappearing. Everyone's eyes widened as they saw him.   

He was wearing pastel yellow skinny jeans and black, long-sleeved crop top with a bright yellow rose on it. Someone had forced him into a pair of yellow and black Converse, then they did his makeup and put a gold choker with a green snake on it on him.

The entire thing was ruined when you saw the glare he was giving. "THEY did this to me!" he yelled, pointing at Roman and Virgil. Remus nearly choked on his deodorant and turned around.

"Sorry. Be right back." He dashed into the kitchen.

"Let me guess, Virgil did the makeup?" Logan questioned, summoning a book.

"The clothes are from before Roman transitioned. 'Cept the necklace, I'm pretty sure he summoned that," Patton added, doing cat paws with his hoodie.

"Doesn't he look so soft??" Roman motioned toward the other, but Thomas winced.

"Well, he's fully capable of murder... And with the look he's giving you, I doubt he's pleased about it." Thomas took a step back.

"Yeah. You have no idea how much blackmail we had to use to get him to sit down for the makeup," Virgil agreed, shifting in his hoodie and yawning.

"Also! Remus!" Roman snapped his fingers and his blushing brother appeared beside him. "Compliment Dee."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

Remus looked over at Janus, who tried to glare at the other. "That shirt really shows how beautiful your eyes are," he said, causing him to blush violently and look away, no longer angry. As he did so, Logan snapped a picture.

"It appears you're correct. He can look, um... soft... at times."

"Could you send that to me?" Remus asked Logan.

"I'll just send it to the group chat."

"DON'T-" Janus started. At the same moment, everyone's phones buzzed. A few seconds later, Patton squealed. Janus glared at Logan. "Don't leave me alone with anything you consume today."

Remus casually screenshotted it and went to his settings, changing his wallpaper. Janus huffed. "Can I leave now?"

"Nah. Stay," Thomas said.

"What?" Virgil and Janus asked at the same time.

"I said, stay. We're about to play Mario Kart. Socializing won't kill you."

"It actually will."

"Nah. It won't."

About an hour later, everyone was sitting around the living room, laughing as they ate. Janus was curled up by the window, obviously not wanting to be there. He huffed and rolled his eyes. Seconds later, the lying side froze as he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. "What-"

"Hello there, hottie," someone purred in his ear, their mustache tickling it slightly.

"Remus, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"Evading my privacy," he tried to snap, but it sounded much less threatening than usual.

"I can stop if you want me to."

"I never said that." Janus leaned against him, yawning.

"Aww. Is the snake tired?"

"Shut up."

"Make me."

"We'd have to go somewhere else. I don't think it's appropriate for their virgin eyes."

Remus's eyes widened as he looked away, causing Janus to smirk. The smaller side looked back at the tv, holding the other's hand.

A few seconds later, Roman, "aha"-ed loudly and held up his remote in triumph. Virgil glared and pushed him over.

"You cheated!"

"Did not! You're just bad at this!"

"Oh, you bitch!"

The prince stuck his tongue out at Virgil and giggled, standing up. "I'm going to make popcorn. Whoever wins the round while I'm gone shall play the champion!"

Janus rolled his eyes and glanced up at Remus, who was munching on his deodorant as he stared at a bug in the wall intently. "... Don't get that in my hair."

"I won't. Just trying to set this bug on fire with my mind," he answered, still watching the bug.

"Good luck with that."

"Thank you. Maybe I can eat it afterwards."

"And then brush your teeth."

"And why should I do that?"

"Because I'm not going to kiss you if you taste like bugs and deodorant," he said as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"Even if it's your deodorant~?"

"Ew! Fuck, Remus!"

The Duke opened his mouth to say something crude, but Janus just covered it with his hand. "Don't. I don't wanna hear it."

Remus pouted and licked his hand, causing him to pull it back quickly. "Aw! You're no fun!"

Janus smirked and went to reply, but Virgil cut him off, "Keep it PG-13! Innocent ears here!"

"Oh, Patton's heard worse," Remus told him, hugging his snake close to his chest.

"I wasn't talking about him." Virgil motioned toward Roman, who had just exited the kitchen with a large bowl of popcorn.

"Huh?" he asked, eyes looking up as he shoveled the popped kernels into his mouth.

"Oh, right." Janus reached up for some of the snacks, and Roman pouted a bit in his hands. "Forgot about the pure one."

"Pure? I am not-"

"You're pure," everyone said at once, causing him to stop and pout.

"Jerks."

1169