Their Happily Ever After

Unedited- sry for any mistakes
TW: Much angst. Cursing
Ships: Prinxiety
(Third Person POV)

Roman stormed into the room and picked up a pillow, throwing it at a wall. He huffed and punched the door, barely making a dent, then sunk to the floor.

Virgil was staring at him in alarm. "Roman, why the f**k are you beating up my room?"

The prince didn't look at him as he pulled his legs to his chest, resting his chin on his knees. Virgil watched him glare at the floor before sighing. "Alright. What's got your sash in a knot?" he asked, placing his phone on the bed and sinking down to sit next to the other.

Roman stayed silent.

"... I can't help you if you don't speak."

"Why the hell does everyone think they have to tell me what I want to hear?" he snapped. "Can they not just tell me the truth? Do they have to lie just to make me happy?"

"Oh." Virgil's posture softened. "So... it's about that."

"Yeah. And I know I asked you guys to maybe be nicer and understand how much affection I need but that doesn't mean straight up lying to me just to make me feel special."

"... I haven't done that."

"Virgil, does it look like I'm accusing you of it?!" Roman said, his tone becoming a bit harsher. Virgil didn't flinch, though, understanding that it wasn't meant personally.

"No, I'm just saying."

"You seem like the only one that hasn't! That's why I stormed in here!" Roman rested his head back, against the wood. "... Am I really that bad?" he questioned, the anger leaving his voice.

"No, of course not." Virgil shook his head. "Maybe... I think they just don't understand." The room fell silent after this, until the emo's eyes widened at a sob that wasn't his own. "Ro..."

Roman sobbed harder, hugging his legs as his shoulders shook violently. Soon, a pair of arms wrapped around him, kissing his hair and they rubbed his back.

"I-I'm so-o so-orry-" he started, but was cut off.

"Shh. Don't apologize. It's alright. Let it all out."

And so he cried. For thirty more minutes. As much as it broke Virgil's heart, all he did was pull him into his lap and rub his back.

At last, Roman stopped. "... Feeling any better now?" Virgil ran a hand through the other's hair.

Roman nodded weakly, wiping his eyes. He blushed softly when Virgil leaned down and kissed the tears off his cheeks. "Wow. Someone's being affectionate."

"Yep." Virgil nodded as the prince rested his head against his chest. "C'mon. We need to wipe your face and get you some water."

"I don't wanna."

"Come on."

"No. I'm tired."

"I'll carry you like a princess."

Roman pushed himself out of Virgil's lap and stood up. "What are you waiting for, Slowpoke? Let's go!"

Virgil chuckled. "My bad, my bad."

-

Roman laid on the bed between Virgil's legs, his back against the other's chest as they watched Frozen II. He yawned and sipped his water, looking up at Virgil. "Tell me something I don't wanna hear," he said suddenly.

"Kristoff commits beastality normally."

Roman punched his chest playfully. "Ew!! Why would you say that??"

"Because it's something you don't want to hear!" laughed Virgil, catching his fist.

"Ewwwww. Now I can't watch this anymoreeee!" Roman buried his face in Virgil's chest.

"D'aaw. Don't be a baby."

"Screw you."

Virgil laid back and yawned. "Hm. You don't mean that."

"Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. You'll never know." Roman sat up and looked at Virgil, blocking his view of the tv.

"Hey! This is one of the best parts!" argued the emo, trying to look around him. Roman rolled his eyes gently.

"Yeah. We can go back and watch it again." He took the other's face in his hands, leaning forward and kissing him gently. Virgil melted, kissing him back quickly. After a few minutes, they pulled away again.

"... Don't know if that was supposed to be better than the movie or-" Virgil started jokingly, which made the other push him lightly.

"You know it was."

"Oh, but not to toot your own horn or anything."

"I know I'm a great kisser."

"Did you take lessons or something?"

"No, but I can give them to you if that's what you want," purred Roman. Virgil froze in shock for a minute, before smirking.

"Smooth, Roman."

"I know I am." He turned around again, lying back. They fell silent after that, cuddling close and finishing the movie.

Maybe it did bother Roman how everyone else was too afraid to tell him the truth, instead relying on just what he wanted to hear. And, yes, maybe Virgil could be very blunt and harsh sometimes. Maybe neither of them were perfect, both too broken and lonely for anyone else.

But, they knew they could always find comfort in the other. And at the end, that was all they needed for their happily ever after.

A/N:

Boo.
I'm in a really bad mood because my brother just told me I wasn't a real writer because I didn't "write real books."

So.
Yay.

Anyways.
Hope you enjoyed
Bye My Lil' Bear Cubbies!
-Abby!