Hammock

Ships: Prinxiety
TW: Mentions of panic attack, small crying scene

Roman was laying on a hammock by the lake silently, while the other sides and their host were fishing. The prince had never really found the fun in the activity, so he decided to go and draw in the hammock, instead. Soon after, he grew bored of that, so decided to just lay and enjoy nature.

Patton's laugh could be heard from where Roman was, and Logan looked overjoyed to see the father figment this happy. Deceit was silently fishing on the other side of the dock, and Thomas looked slightly scared to be next to him.

As Roman scanned the group again, he realized Virgil was missing. He looked around the area, and saw said side walking away from the group, towards the house. Roman's hammock was near the back door, so the anxious trait was heading towards him, too.

Roman was startled to see Virgil in such a bad state; he hadn't been this upset in ages. As he walked closer, it was obvious he was about to have a panic attack. Roman watched, and was only startled more when he realized Virgil was walking towards him.

Roman sat up slightly, and Virgil stopped in front of him, head still hung.

"Virgil?"

Said side looked up, and Roman could see the tears in his eyes.

"R-Roman."

"Come here, Virge."

Virgil stumbled over to Roman, and the prince picked him up, sitting him in his lap. Usually, the two would be embarrassed by such a position, but, neither seemed to mind it at the moment. Virgil instantly curled up to Roman, and started crying, burying his face into the creative side's chest. Roman rubbed his back gently, starting to sing quietly, something he knew always calmed the darker side down.

Virgil cried for a bit, and Roman sang quietly. After a while, the smaller male slowly started to calm down, curling up to Roman even more.

"... What was wrong, Virge?" asked Roman gently, still rubbing his back.

"J-just been bottling it all up for too long, I guess..." Virgil answered softly.

"That's not good..."

"I know."

"If you ever feel down, please come talk to me, okay?"

Virgil was silent.

"Virge?"

"Yeah?" Virgil whispered, pulling away from Roman some.

"I care about you a lot, and I want to help you in whatever way I can. Please come talk to me next time you get upset, okay?"

"Okay..."

Roman kissed Virgil on the forehead, and the latter blushed, burying his face in Roman's chest again.

"You tell anyone about this and I swear to god, I'll eat all your snacks," Virgil threatened Roman quietly.

Roman chuckled. "I won't..." He laid down again, Virgil on his chest this time. The wind blew gently, and Virgil smiled, letting the calm beating of Roman's heart, combined with the gentle rocking and comforting silence lull him to sleep.

Roman heard Virgil's breathing even out after a minute or two, and smiled softly, continuing to rock in hopes of keeping him asleep.

After a while, the sun began to set, and the others started walking back up the small hill. Roman glared at them as they got closer, being loud. Logan raised an eyebrow at him, and Patton smiled more when he saw the two. As Deceit started snapping pictures, Thomas asked quietly, "So... is Prinxiety real?"

Roman looked back at Virgil, who was still sleeping soundly, and shrugged.

"You don't know?"

"Not really..." Roman ran a hand through Virgil's soft hair, and he purred slightly.

"Oh... Well, I wish you two the best of luck..."

Roman smiled at his host. "Thanks..."

"Anytime..."

Stars started appearing, and Logan looked at Roman and Virgil again. "Are you two going to come inside or...?"

"Not right now, I don't think..."

Logan looked like he was about to say something, but stopped himself. "Ok..."

Patton came back outside with a blanket. "Well, you two be careful. And let us know if you need anything."

"Will do, Patton..." Roman told him as the bubbly side put the blanket over them.

After the others headed back inside, Virgil opened his eyes. Roman chuckled. "How long have you been awake?"

"Just a few minutes..."

Virgil turned over and laid on his back, looking up at the stars.

"This has to be the best vacation we've ever had..."

"I agree..."

They stargazed for a bit longer, and, if when the new day arrived, they were a couple, they certainly wouldn't tell anyone...

They'd just let it be their little secret...

761

A/N: This was cute in my opinion! How'd you all like it? If I start writing a lot more Prinxiety, it's because I've suddenly started shipping that a ton more now. XD

Anyways!

Bye My Lil' Bear Cubbies!
-Abby