The one with the eavesdropping

I don't understand what is his problem? I don't know how to act if I'll do this play no doubt I'll make fun out of myself in front of the entire school.

Keeping these thoughts in mind, I walked towards Austin.

"Are you crazy? Acting is not my forté. I can't do this play. It's better you tell the teacher to change your partner " I notified him

"What happened to Emilia who never loses hope? I know you can do it. Come on it will be so much fun. I will teach you" Austin convinced me with a pout.

"Okay then if you say so," I said that with a smile

The bell rang, which indicates it's time for the next class

"Yes!!! See you soon, bye " he grinned and headed outside the class.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it's break time!! I can't wait to tell Lexi about me and Austin.

I spotted Lexi and waved at her. She quickly came towards me.

"Hi babe " I greeted her with a hug

"Hello, where were you in the morning?" She asked me with a weird look

"Oh, that was the thing I was about to tell you. I met Steve in the morning, he told me that there is going to be a play. So, I just went to see what's going on there, but I met Austin and he convinced me to be the leading role in the play. So, now I am Juliet and he is Romeo. I am excited too—" I was interrupted by Lexi

" What is wrong with you? How can you be in a play with him?" She yelled at me in an angry tone

I didn't expect her to react like that. Why is she being like this? Is she jealous? Which best friend behaves likes that?

"What is wrong with you? You're acting weird" I yelled back at her

"Emilia, Why don't you understand he is not right for you. He is the last person in this school to be friends with" she spoke up

"Listen, he was with me the entire night after that party where I was drunk and he didn't do anything, in fact, he brought me to his house and ensured that I was safe, he is so sweet. Just because of those Fucking rumors you can't judge a person Lexi!" I squealed at her

"So, I don't want to be friends with a person who is friends with Austin. You will regret this Emilia" with that said she left.

I stood there still, everything getting blurred. She broke our friendship just because of Austin. I thought she'll understand this.

I was so happy a minute ago but now everything has changed. I stormed out of the canteen to hide my tears.

I am done with making friends

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Austin's P.O.V.

I was heading towards the food hall when I saw her. She looked so happy. Then, I saw her hugging a girl, I assume her best friend. I stood there at the corner to listen to their conversation.

I wasn't to hear them, so I moved a little towards them. They were yelling at each other. I assume they are fighting.

"Listen, he was with me the entire night after that party where I was drunk and he didn't do anything, in fact, he brought me to his house and ensured that I was safe, he is so sweet. Just because of those Fucking rumors you can't judge a person Lexi!" She yelled at her best friend.

She was defending me in front of her friend. A smile crept on my lips. She was fighting with her friend over me? But why? What am I to her? She shouldn't get attached to me. This will break her.

"So, I don't want to be friends with a person who is friends with Austin. You will regret this Emilia"Her friend yelled at her

What the fuck is wrong with her friend? Did she break their friendship because of me? Emilia ruined her friendship with her best friend because of me! I can't let this happen but I can't do anything. 

When I saw tears were dropping from Emilia's eyes, something inside me got shattered into pieces. I was hurt to look at her like this. I can see in her eyes that she wasn't expecting this to happen.  She was broken. All I wanted to do at this point was to go and hug her tight but I can't.

I can't fucking stop generating feelings for her. This thing will shatter her.  She is so pure and sweet, I don't want to ruin her.