Lunch With Friends

My trip with Austin was one of the best experiences of my life. I've had such a happy day with him, free from all the worries and away from all the noises. It was just me and him. Remembering all of it makes me blush.

And I just wanted to share all my feelings with my best friend so as soon as I reached home I tried calling her several times but she didn't pick up.

Maybe she's busy, well I'll tell her tomorrow at school then, and I laid on the bed thinking about Austin, the beautiful place and how it was all so magical until I finally fell asleep.

The next day as soon as I reached the school the first thing I did was to look for Lexi, I couldn't control it any longer. I spotted her on the hallway and literally ran towards her and ecstatically told her,

" Lexi, you wouldn't believe what happened yesterday, Austin and I went to this place..."

"Yeah, I know about it everyone is talking about it and I'm very angry at you. Don't you think it would have been better if you could have just called and told me about it instead of ditching me at school." Lexi said angrily.

She was furious and I get it I should have informed her.

"Oh Lex I'm so sorry I promise that next time I'll take you with me," I said and winked at her.

"Don't joke with me Emilia I'm angry at you and when did you and Austin become so close anyway?" She enquired.

"It's a long story Lex let's go to class and I'll fill you in on the way."

It was finally lunch, Lexi went to get our lunch as I head to our usual table, and I see Austin and his friends already seated there. What are they doing there? Why aren't they at their usual table?

Austin looks around in search of something and his eyes finally land on me.

"Emilia comes fast we were waiting for you," Austin said with a smile and my heart skipped a beat.

I make my way to the table and sat down, soon after Lexi joins us and she gives me a puzzled look as she sits down.

"Hey Lex, didn't the rumors say that Austin and Ashlyn had broken up after that party?" I whispered quietly to Lexi.

"Yeah they did, but apparently she was devastated with the breakup and was very sorry so Austin forgave her. Now they're back on." Lex told me.

I really don't feel good about them getting together again.

"So Emilia do you know that Austin has been selected as the captain of our football team?" Steve asks.

"Oh really? But I was rooting for you, Steve." I said jokingly and noticed Austin gave me an angry look. Is he jealous?

"Well Austin is the best and he totally deserved it, and to celebrate his achievement I will have a party at my place tonight you two should definitely come." Ashlyn fake smiles and further leans into Austin. I don't feel good about them sitting so close.

" Oh we'll definitely come won't we Emilia?" Lexi asks and I gave her a glaring look.

Suddenly the bell rung which saved me from answering.

"Ok so it's decided now 8:00 sharp at my place tonight I'll text you the address, see you there," Ashlyn said and she and Steve went to their classes.

After the Austin got up and walked towards me, he came very close and I got very nervous he suddenly took my left hand, kissed it and said, " Have something special planned for you tonight don't be late."

With that, he winked at my left, and I stood there struck.

What did just happened?