Chance (Continuation to Second)

It was terrible what Jimin was doing. He didn't mean to start falling. Jungkook was a man he met because of a terrible thing that happened to him, to his family. And after four months it was still so bad to fall, Jimin knows that.

It's just that...he and Jungkook have become so close. They're all each other has. They're there for each other when one of them needs to cry. Sometimes at 2am Jungkook would come into Jimin's room crying, other times Jungkook would do the same. That's just how it is.

The first month it was only Jungkook, the one who cried and the one that needed the most, and of course it made sense. His entire family had just died! Jimin was always there, holding him and giving him comfort the best he could.

In fact, that wasn't even supposed to be reciprocated. Jimin was fine helping Jungkook without anything in return. In fact it made sense to him! It was Jungkook who came here for comfort, it would be weird asking for anything in return to someone who was only here because of tragedy.

It all changed one night, around midnight. Jungkook had opened the door to Jimin's room suddenly, cautiously.

"I thought I heard you crying," The taller walked over to Jimin's bed. "What's wrong?"

"Uh, I was just having a nightmare," Jimin waves a hand, the other trying to wipe away his tears. "I have one that reoccurs semi-frequently, about uh, my sister. It's no big deal. What are you doing up anyways? You never stay up this late."

"I needed a glass of water," Jungkook quickly changes the subject back to Jimin. "Have you had this nightmare while I've been staying here?"

"Yeah, it happens a couple times a week, but it used to be worse so if anything I'm better. I-I'm fine, it's fine," But Jimin's tone and expression didn't match his words.

"Jimin, why didn't you tell me?" Jungkook crawled onto the bed to embrace Jimin, which made the older start sobbing.

"I-I don't know," Jimin cried. "I just didn't wanna seem needy, or-or make it look like I expected any sympathy in return, because I've been dealing with it on my own. I'm truly fine with nothing in return, you're still grieving."

"You should've told me," Jungkook scolds softly. "Of course I would've helped you if you asked, you've done so much for me. I'm more than happy to help you. You've been dealing with this by yourself?"

"Y-yeah," Jimin clutched onto the younger's shirt. "My mom's the only family I have left, and whenever I bring up my sister she changes the subject. She acts as if she doesn't even exist. We've fallen out a bit because of that, so I have no one to talk to."

"You have me, okay Jiminie?" Jungkook pets his hair. "As long as I'm here, I'm here for you."

"Please don't leave," Jimin holds on tighter, his knuckles becoming pale. "D-don't ever leave me you're all I have."

"Jimin..." Jungkook's eyes widen softly. "Jimin of course I won't leave. Except for Tae in Seoul you're all I have too. You're the closest thing I have to family. You are my family. As long as I can help it we're family."

"I love you," Jimin whispered. He didn't mean to, but he did.

"...I love you too," Jungkook said finally. "And I'm here for you, anytime you need me. You've woken up at the worst possible times, just to comfort me, so I am more than happy to do the same."

And that's how it was from then on. Not long after they started sharing the same bed. It first happened when Jimin fell asleep in the other male's bed, having cried himself to sleep. Jungkook just let him stay. It happened again, but the other way around this time, and again, and again before they both just made the decision to sleep in the same bed every night. Sometimes it was Jungkook's room, other times Jimin's, but either way it was together.