Conversion

"Alright, let's introduce ourselves, shall we?" Jimin rolls his eyes as the woman speaks. "We'll say our names, our current sexuality, and one thing about ourselves."

They sat in chairs in a circle, introducing one by one. Soon it was Jimin's turn-there were only seven people in the room. "Hi, I'm Jimin, I'm gay, and plan to stay gay, so you're wasting your time."

The woman huffs out a frustrated noise, right before another person speaks. "I'm Jungkook, I'm gay, and I think Jimin is hot," He winks at Jimin, who smirks back.

"No, this is exactly what not to do," The woman scolds the two males. "This is conversion process where we're supposed to help find your happiness in being with the opposite gender, like God intended. You don't want to upset God, do you?"

"I mean he still loves me, so," Jimin shrugs.

The lady touches her forehead in exasperation. She must be new. Jimin heard her mutter, "This'll be a long hour."

*

"Hey," Jimin turns around due to a tap on his shoulder.

"Oh, you're the guy who called me hot," Jimin laughs. "But have you looked in a mirror lately? It should be a crime to complement me when you're standing right here. How old are you?"

"Sixteen," Jungkook answers.

"Ah, same age as me. And gay," Jimin nods.

"And only getting gayer," Jungkook jokes. "Seriously, do our parents really think a 'bible study' conversion therapy will really make us go, 'Oh boy I sure love women now!'?"

"Hey, at least they love us a little bit as to not put us in shock therapy, but you're right. It definitely won't work now that you're in the class with me," Jimin bites his lip. "Are you free this weekend?"

"Ooh, confidence," Jungkook smirks. "That's outrageously attractive. Sure I am. Let me write down my number and we can meet sometime Saturday."

"Sounds perfect."

*

"Honey, I met a really lovely girl," Jimin's mother spoke that Saturday morning as Jimin was getting ready. "I think you'd really like her."

"Does she have a penis? Because if she doesn't then probably not," Jimin tied his shoes, avoiding eye-contact.

"Honey, I'm sending you to therapy to fix this disorder that you obtained from your disgusting excuse for a father," Mrs. Park sighed.

"Yeah but there's a few cute guys there," Jimin walked out of the living room towards the door. "So if anything, this place'll make me more gay. I have to go, I have a date with one of them."

"Park Jimin one day you will fix this terrible disorder and you might actually get to go to Heaven so help you God. You must repent!"

"Mama, God already loves me for who I am," Jimin rolled his eyes. "I'm staring to see why Dad ran off with another man. Women are insane." He slammed the door behind him.

*

"Damn, you're cute too," Jungkook shamelessly looks Jimin up and down. "Are you popular?"

"Yeah because I'm not out at school," Jimin shrugs. "Ladies love me."

"Finally someone who gets me," Jungkook sighs in relief. "It's exactly like that for me."

"Listen, I have an idea," Jimin folds his hands as Jungkook gestures for him to continue. "I like you, you obviously like me, we both hate therapy, why not make it fun?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're my boyfriend now, you don't get I choice, I get what I want," Jimin stares him dead in the eye.

"For someone so small and cute, you're pretty bitchy," The taller points out. "But of course, I must respect my Queen's orders."

"Don't start. Anyways, we have an hour every week in therapy, I hate that therapist woman, let's make her uncomfortable."

"Oh, I'm good at that," Jungkook chuckles. "I do that to my parents every day."

"Great," Jimin moves to sit right next to Jungkook, pecking his lips. "Don't mind moving a bit fast, do you? I don't like to wait."

"Of course I don't," Jungkook's gaze darkens playfully. "If anything were moving too slow." That earns a hit on the chest.

*

"So, can everyone tell me how their week has been?" The therapist looks at the seven of them. Jimin raises his hand. "Yes? Jimin?"

"I got a boyfriend," Jimin shrugs casually.

"Oh yeah, me too," Jungkook, who's sitting next to him, pecks his cheek. "Me and Jimin get along very well."

The woman looks disturbed. "Oh Lord Jesus, help these poor boys for they do not believe their actions are sin," The woman muttered, looking at the ceiling. "That's okay, we will fix this. Boys, one of you, please tell me what about this whole thing is wrong?"

"Not asking him out sooner?" Jimin's eyes widened, fake innocence laced through his voice.

"No, boys, the problem is a man is dating another man. Soon, God forbid, you'll do the disgusting deed of unholy sex! Don't you love God? Don't you realize this sin is disappointing him!?" The woman's eyes are pleading.

"I'm sorry, I love God but I'm not going to change who I am for people on the Earth who believe I'm going to Hell," Jungkook apologized, though not very sincerely. "I believe in God, believe with all my heart Jesus is Lord, Romans 10:9 says I'm going to Heaven."

"Me too," Jimin intertwined his hand with Jungkook's much bigger one.

The woman seemed stumped for a second. "B-but it's a sin."

"Romans 3:23," Jungkook stared her down. "My dad's a pastor, I could do this all day."

"Alright, that's enough, out both of you, now," The therapist pointed to the door. "Obviously the group setting is not for you. We will contact your parents about doing individual therapy, but for now, goodbye, and I hope you don't carry that disgusting disease throughout your entire sin-filled lives!"

Both stood up, then Jungkook grabbed Jimin's face and kissed him. "Sorry for wasting your time."

"I can't believe you got us kicked out," Jimin's eyes lit up. "You know, I've never actually been kicked out of something before! Like sorry for being too gay."

"I know, but I'm glad," Jungkook said. "Hey let's just go on a date. Won't that be fun?"

"Yeah of course it will," Jimin smiled. "Two gay men being gay together. That sounds so fun!"

"Trust me I'll be very gay with you," The taller scrunches his nose. "Man we got kicked out in two weeks. You think that's a new record?"

"Yeah probably."

A/N: Okay, just a little disclaimer, this was in no way created to make light the situation of conversion therapy, nor was it to make fun of it or anything. Conversion therapy is still a real thing, it's illegal where I live, as well as 17 other states, Puerto Rico, and D.C., but in 32 other states as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, The Norther Marina Islands, and American Samoa, it's still a thing, if you're living in America, it very well could exist in your state, if you don't, it very well might be legal too, I don't know. All I know is that it's a real issue, and while I didn't want to focus on the heavy topics, a lot of the reason I posted this was to help people be aware.

Treatments are horrible, I don't want to get into them, all I'm saying is it's cruel to try to change someone when they can't really control the fact that they like the same gender, or both, or identify differently, or anything like that.

Anyways, on a lighter note, I think either today or tomorrow I'm going to share my Jikook theory about how they got together, and what Dispatch has to do with it, and the way the other members think about it. Do you guys like that idea?

Tell me what you think! I'd love to hear 

-Mikayla