Overthrown (Prequel to Island)

"You bastards let me go!"

"We can't do that Jungkook."

"That's King Jungkook Jeon the first to you!" The man spits.

"It's not anymore, you were overthrown," One of the men holding him and dragging him places him in chains. "Do you not hear the cheers outside? They're all elated to know you've been forced out of power."

"You will pay for this, I am your king!" No response. "So you're just going to parade me around until we get to the harbor?"

"Yes, I'm sure the kingdom will love it," The same man said.

"And for the record, we don't have a king," The other man's gruff voice is heard. "We have two presidents whom we respect, Namjoon Kim and Yoongi Min."

"I will come back and slay them both!" Jungkook promises as the castle gate raises. "Then I will be king once more and reign terror on this kingdom!"

The crowds went wild when they saw the overthrown king's face. They threw rotten food at him, mocked him, it was humiliating.

As they got to the harbor Namjoon Kim and Yoongi Min came into view, standing on the dock. The two men dragged Jungkook to kneel in front of them, and they stared. Their gazes were condescending, pitying, proud.

"Jungkook Jeon, you have been overthrown, therefore stripped of you title as king," Yoongi announced.

"Instead of killing you, we hereby banish you, as an example of our merciful rule," Namjoon told him, voice laced with confident authority. "You terrible reign is over."

Yoongi ripped the crown off Jungkook's head and threw it into the sea.

In unison the presidents called out, "Down with the monarchy!"

The crowd screamed back. "Down with the monarchy!"

Then he was forced onto a boat, and they set off, the loud cheers of the crowd slowly fading behind them.

*

The trip took days. It was an isolated island in the middle of the ocean.

"I'm giving you one last chance," Jungkook glared at the men on the boat as the removed him from his chains. "I will have your heads on a platter when I get back! This is cruel! Cruel!"

"Your rein was cruel," One of the sailors piped up. "And your father's and his father before him, and so on. You are deserving of this punishment."

He was thrown off the boat into a dingy and thrown from the dingy onto the sand. He hated the tough, gritty feeling on his cheek, so he slowly got up. What was he going to do now? He was fuming mad and wanted revenge so bad...

But he was also scared.

He knew that he couldn't survive here. How long would it be until he starved? He had lived his whole life being fed the most extravagant meals, and he had barely spent a day outside the castle walls. He didn't know how to survive, he barely knew what he ate was made of. He coughed.

"How dare they do this to me," He muttered. The sand gave way under his feet a bit and he stumbled, catching himself with his hand. "Damn it." He coughed again. He got a little dizzy with that one. Jungkook shook his head once. What was going on?

He knew he had to find somewhere for shelter, so he walked towards the rainforest. It was tiny. He could probably walk around the whole perimeter of the island in 24 hours.

This time he had a coughing attack. It was so bad that he struggled to breathe. The sand made the air dry, making it even harder for him. Panic surged through his chest as he dropped to his knees.