Trial

Jimin propped himself up on his side, having to use a great amount of effort. But...that's not right, he should be dead. He remembers very clearly being stabbed in the heart by an arrow, he remembers taking his last breath with a painful realization that he was leaving his lover behind.

But now he doesn't feel any pain. So he must be dead...but he's still on Earth. He scans the area, looking around. Then he sees Jungkook's lifeless body next to him and he panics. Just as he was going to cry out, he moves. Well, his body doesn't move, instead something comes out of it, Jungkook, a ghost, his soul maybe, yet as he fully emerged, he was no longer transparent, he looked just like a normal living person. So they are dead...but where exactly are they?

"Jimin...we didn't make it," Jungkook walks up to him, expression pained as he touches the older's arm delicately.

"It's too chaotic, I can't tell who's dead and who's alive," Jimin observed. "Too many people moving around."

"We'll figure it out," A voice comes behind them. "The living will move on soon."

"Namjoon," Jimin's expression makes him look like he's about to cry, but no tears come. "Our general. You're so intelligent, I can't believe you've fallen."

"This is war, even the wise fall victim," Namjoon stares at both of them with a stoic expression. Neither of the two had anything to say about that, almost grieving for the death that took place here despite being dead themselves.

The living filed out soon, after a quick moment of mourning. This was a battle they had lost.

The dead assembled together, the field of their lifeless bodies sending shivers down their spines. Over half of the troops were dead. It was a cruel time to be in. Men, woman, and children over the age of ten were all eligible to be enlisted. No one was to be exempt. If you were weak, if you were disabled, too bad, you were basically dead the second you got drafted.

"I need all my commanders and sergeants," Namjoon instructed, calling out to the crowd. "Please."

Along with Jimin and Jungkook, four more people press through the crowd.

The one with curly black hair and dark eyes looks at the couple. "They got you both, huh?"

Jungkook stared back. "They say don't let grief get in the way, but the second Jimin dropped to the floor I couldn't regain my composure."

"Seven of us are dead out of nine," Namjoon assessed. "Jimin, Jungkook, Seokjin, Taehyung, Hoseok, Yoongi, and myself. Only two of our leaders survived this battle."

"I died with honor sir," The same man stepped forward, Taehyung. "Because of me a child lives."

"Good job soldier, but it doesn't matter for us anymore," Namjoon's expression was grim. "This is no longer our war to fight."

"Namjoon, many of the animals have died too," Seokjin noted. "What will we do with them?"

"We don't even know what to do with our troops," Yoongi countered. "Shouldn't we worry about them first?"

"We're dead, how much does it matter?" Hoseok pointed out.

"But it doesn't feel like we're dead. If we're dead..." Jungkook brought up the question in everyone's minds that they were too afraid to ask. "Why does it feel like nothing's changed? Like we're still alive?"

Right as he said that a bright flash shot through the sky, shaking the ground and causing a mass panic. Jungkook instantly grabbed Jimin, holding him close to protect him. Everyone looked up. Jimin gasped.

To the left was a beautiful woman floating in the sky. Her hair was long and golden and flowed in waves, just like her magnificent billowing dress, pure white. She had beautiful wings that rested on her back, but extended to the sky, and she was glowing.