Sightless

It was a normal day for Jungkook. He had just gotten off work and was walking home. He didn't expect anything bad to happen. But then the blaring sound of a truck horn changed that.

In the middle of the crosswalk, was a boy, kneeling on the ground, slowly getting up. A large truck was hurtling forward, brakes not seeming to be working.

People crowded, not doing anything. Some even were recording it. By the way it looked now, the man in the road would get hit.

So Jungkook sprinted.

He lunged at the boy, picking him up and twisting in the air so his own back hit the sidewalk. His heart was racing as the truck went past them. He did it.

"What happened?" The smaller boy groaned, getting up off of Jungkook.

"You fell in the street!" Jungkook exclaimed. "There was a truck coming, didn't you see!?"

"Wow, you have a really attractive voice," The blonde boy's eyes don't see to focus exactly. "I like it."

Jungkook was complexed. "Isn't that a weird thing to say? Rather than, um, a physical feature, you know."

"Oh well that's kind of a problem," He shrugs, chuckling a bit. "I'm blind."

"Really? For how long?"

"Uh, my entire life."

"So you've never seen how beautiful you are?" The words that came out of his mouth seemed to have a mind of their own. "U-uh, I mean-"

"No, nor have I been called beautiful either," The smaller blushed. "Thank you for saving me. I know I can be careless sometimes, but usually stuff like this doesn't happen. I'm Park Jimin, what's your name?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Can I treat you to coffee Jungkook?" Jimin wonders. "To thank you?"

"Oh, yeah sure," Jungkook points to a café. "How about that one over there?"

"Jungkook, I don't know what you mean by 'over there' I'm blind, remember?"

"Oh sorry," It's Jungkook's turn to blush. "I uh, haven't really talked to many blind people. Forgive me if I seem confusing or rude."

"No problem."

*

"Do you mind if we exchange numbers?" Jimin asked at the end of the night. "I like that you treat me like a normal person, and not someone who's disabled."

"That's because you are normal," Jungkook shrugs. "But, uh, how do you text?"

"Ever heard of calling?" Jimin's tone was teasing. "And if I really needed to text someone that's what voice text's for. There is such thing as Google assistant."

"Oh, yeah, sorry," Jungkook chuckled to himself. "You can probably tell I'm not the smartest person in the world."

"Yeah, you're kind of a dork."

"Hey, do you want me to walk you home?" Jungkook offered, putting his number in the shorter's phone and handing it back to him.

"That's okay, I'll manage. I have been doing this for 22 years," He states in a cocky manor, jokingly.

"No...I was looking for an excuse to hang out with you more," Jungkook's voice shied away. "Sorry it came across that way. You seem really independent, I admire that."

"Oh, that's really sweet, but we just met," Jimin bit his lip. "For all I know you could be a stalker."

"Fair enough," Jungkook gave in but his heart sank a bit. "I hope to see you again soon."

"Me too. Well, not see, but you know what I mean."

*

Two months later, Jimin and Jungkook hung out regularly at this point. Today they were kind of just walking in the park together, peacefully.

"Jimin, have you ever dated anyone?" Jungkook asked, realizing the topic had never come up.

"Two," The older spoke bitterly.

"What's with the tone?" Jungkook chuckled.

"They kind of acted like my caretakers and not as my boyfriends. And...yes, I do want to be taken care of sometimes," Jimin admitted, blushing. "But not like that. Just like any normal couple would take care of each other."

"That must be difficult to find someone like that," Jungkook nodded, understanding. "You know, cuz you said that people treat you like you're really different."

"You don't treat me different," Jimin turned his head toward Jungkook's direction.

"Because you're not different," Jungkook smiled softly, glad the smaller couldn't see him at the moment. "Yet you somehow manage to be really special in the best way possible."

"Why can't you be my boyfriend Jungkookie?" Jimin giggled, taking Jungkook by surprise.

"I-I don't know, what's stopping you?" Jungkook knew he wasn't good at holding his tongue, but why couldn't he now?

"Aww, do you like me too?" Jimin bounced. "Well, you did call me beautiful when we first met, I of course didn't forget that. Do you want to be my boyfriend?"

"The question is, why would you want to be my boyfriend?" Jungkook blushed. "I'm ugly."

"I'm the last person who would care about something like that," Jimin deadpanned. "And besides I don't believe you. Are we in a crowded area?"

"Yeah."

"Ladies is this man handsome!?" Jimin yelled to the top of his lungs, women turning, nodding, giggling, both at Jimin and Jungkook. A few actually said yes. "See?" Then he yelled again. "Thanks for helping! I'm blind!"

"Jiminie that was embarrassing," Jungkook muttered.

"Sucks," The older shrugged. "So can you be my boyfriend now or what?"

"But I'm stupid."

"No, you're dorky," Jimin argued. "I think it's cute."

"Oh, really?" Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. "I always thought that was the reason I could never get a boyfriend."

"So whaddaya say? You wanna be my boyfriend?"

"Yes a lot," Jungkook really has no filter.

"Well then this can be our first date," Jimin beamed. "I'm so glad I almost died that day."

A/N: I have no idea where this one came from

Today is Sunday. It's a good day. Are you having a good day? It's my uncle's birthday so we're going to celebrate his birthday at his house and he lives on the lake so that will be fun.

 Nothing much else to say. I'm about to leave, so I have to be quick anyways

Have a good day!

Love you guys!

-Mikayla