Rebound

"God I can't sulk, I need to promise myself I won't sulk. It's been two days, I can't cry anymore!"

"Jimin you just got out of a two-year relationship, it's okay to cry-"

"It was stupid, those two years were stupid! Nothing! I-I didn't know him, I didn't think I was going to marry him! Why do I care?" 

"You were in love with him," His best friend points out. "Even if you weren't, this would be hard for anyone Min."

"I think I should just find a rebound," Jimin tells him. "Someone I can ...well you know, just use to get over my ex and move on."

"Min that's not healthy at all," Taehyung frowns. "You just got out of a terrible relationship yourself, don't keep going down this path. It's destructive. I'm sorry we didn't find out sooner, you wouldn't be here now."

"Tae it's fine," Jimin sighs, exhausted. "I'm just glad it's over."

"You don't need anyone else for a little bit," Tae presses. "It's alright to be single while you wait for the right guy. It's good to focus on yourself. And you have us, you don't need to jump right back in."

"I'll be single once I get over him, and I promise I'll focus on myself. But for now...that guy is cute. He looks like he could comfort me," Jimin starts walking away.

"Jimin you don't have to hurt someone else like he hurt you!" Taehyung calls after him. He debates whether or not to follow. He knows nothing he says will change anything...he's just so helpless when his best friend is hurt.

"Hi," Jimin comes and sits with a guy who now that he looks at him, is a lot more attractive than he even first thought. He seemed to be studying on this warm sunny day, which Jimin found just the smallest bit endearing. "Sorry for interrupting you like this. I'm Jimin."

"Hi," The guy's smile is kind as he extends his hand for Jimin to shake it. "I'm Jungkook."

Jimin shakes it. "How are you doing today?" 

"I'm doing pretty good," Jungkook tells him. "Just preparing for a final I'm scared for."

"You look smart," Jimin compliments. "Not to mention how hard this college is to get into. Obviously you have to know what you're doing to get this far. I'm sure you'll do great."

"Thank you," His demeanor is so cheery. How good this man's life must be...Jimin can't help but be jealous. "I wish I had that much confidence in myself."

"Um anyways," He clears his throat. "I didn't actually come over here for small talk. Truthfully I think you're really cute. I know I came out of nowhere, and this is really sudden, but do you maybe want to go out sometime?"

"O-oh, well this is a good way to start the day," Jungkook's smile somehow gets brighter, Jimin really isn't used to this kind of thing. What adult is this pure? "Sure, that sounds great, you're cute too! Do you have anything in mind? Because I actually know of this really cute small botanical garden about 20 minutes from campus I've been dying to go to. You can pet koi fish there."

"That sounds fun," Jimin fakes a smile, trying to sound as engaged as possible. "When are you free?"

"Well, I don't have any classes on Thursday," Jungkook thinks.

"I have a class in the morning, but after that is good," Jimin nodded. "We can go right after if that's okay with you."

"That sounds great to me," He sounds excited. When was the last time Jimin knew someone excited like this to spend time with him?

"Anyways, I should probably let you study. We'll have plenty of time to talk on Thursday, so I don't want to waste your time," As confident as Jimin sounds, he's so nervous. He was going to be using this boy. "It was really nice meeting you Jungkook."