Emergency

"What!?" Jungkook started tearing up as he listened to the man on the phone. "Where is he? O-okay, I'm on my way."

"Kook, what's wrong?" Namjoon noticed first. He was at a restaurant with some of his friends.

"J-Jimin's been shot," Jungkook got up so quickly his chair fell over, and he didn't even bother to pick it up, nor did he grab his coat resting on the back. "He's in critical condition, I-I gotta go."

"Oh my God," Jin gasped. "Honey go, we'll pay for your bill."

But Jungkook was already out the door at that point.

He drove, only barely paying attention to the speed limit. The hospital was half-way across town. It took him about 20 minutes to get there.

He parked sloppily and ran to the entrance of the emergency room. He practically ran into the front desk. The lady looked concerned, but she's obviously seen panic like this before. "Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Park Jimin," Jungkook spoke, out of breath.

"What's your relation to the patient?"

"He's my husband."

"Okay Hon," The lady scanned her computer, her tone shifting slightly when she realized the condition of his lover to a bit of a softer one. "Looks like he's in surgery for the next few hours or so. Room 108. There's a waiting room near there."

"Thank you," Jungkook gave a small, sloppy bow before trying to make his way to the waiting room.

It was fifteen minutes later when Jimin's parents came. Five minutes later, Jungkook's parents. Forty after that, Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok.

When Jungkook saw his mom he ran into her arms and cried. Mrs. Jeon held him. Even at age 22 he was still her baby.

"J-Jimin," he sobbed. "I need Jimin." Mrs. Jeon could only comfort him, despite how helpless she herself felt.

Four long hours they stayed together, crying, praying, trying to distract themselves from what was going on on the other side of the wall.

Then the door to the surgery room opened.

Everyone stood up together. Jungkook held his breath. He couldn't tell the outcome by the man's face, which scared him even more. Mrs. Park spoke first. "So?"

"Well, we lost him for a second back there," Jungkook's heart stopped. "But he's going to be alright."

The news made Jungkook cry once again but this time because of overwhelming relief and happiness. He hugged the closest person to him, which was Yoongi. The older male hugged back and smiled softly, relieved as well, and cheers were heard from everyone else. He was okay.

The love of his life was okay.

*

"Jungkookie."

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, still exhausted. He was holding his husband's hand even while he was sleeping. The second he was allowed to come into Jimin's room he pulled a chair up right next to him, and stayed by his side, not moving. When Jungkook fell asleep, Jimin was still unconscious.

But not anymore. "Jimin?"

"Are you the only one here?" Jimin's voice was quiet, and a bit husky.

"No, both of our parents, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin and Taehyung are all here too," Jungkook turned his head, confused a bit because everyone had left the room. "...But they all must have gone to the cafeteria or something."