Airforce

"Namjoon, cover me," Jungkook's eyes are fixed on the sky ahead, hands on the yoke, which he uses to steer. "Jimin, you have the right?"

"Yep," He hears on the intercom. "Yoongi, Seokjin, and Taehyung are right behind."

"Good," Jungkook speaks. "And Hoseok's still on comms?"

"I'm right here if an emergency happens," He hears Hoseok's voice in his headphones.

"There's jets coming up," Namjoon warns. "They must've spotted us or hacked navigation or something."

Jungkook sighs. "Get ready to fight your way out of this." He hears the rest of them make sounds of agreement.

"Don't die on me Jungkook," He hears the voice of his boyfriend, and he looks over to see his jet flying right by his side.

"Don't die on me Jimin," He returns. "Alright guys, I'm counting on you. Our country is counting on you."

He fixes his eyes on the opposing country's jets, opening fire. They respond, with the exact same thing. It's gotten loud, with all the combat going on, but Jungkook continued to stay focused. His mind was on the battle and only the battle.

That is until something to the right of him caught his eye.

The right wing of Jimin's jet got hit, causing an explosion due to where the bullet hit. It went down, quicky plummeting to the ground. And at that moment Jungkook couldn't pay attention to the battle anymore.

"Uh, Tae, Yoongi, cover me," Jungkook stuttered.

"Jungkook you have to focus," Namjoon's voice was stern.

"If I stay up here I'll die, there's no way I can focus right now," Jungkook was already swerving, following Jimin's plane, his heart extremely heavy. "Tae, Yoongi, cover for me."

He watched the plane hit the ground with a crash, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't lose control of his own jet for just a second. But he landed safely, about 50 feet away from Jimin. They were in a sandy plane, and Jungkook knew there was a city nearby, but it felt like they were in the middle of nowhere.

With the sounds of the battle still above Jungkook unbuckled his seatbelt, jumping out of the jet and running to the older. "Jimin!" He yelled, frantically looking through the damage.

"I did what you asked," He heard a voice. "I didn't die Kook."

"Oh my God Jimin," Jungkook finally saw him, through the smoke. "Jimin you're alive!"

"And conscious," He chuckles. "Can't feel a thing."

"Y-your body must be in shock," Jungkook stutters. "Keep talking to me, do not stop talking to me until we get medics here, okay? I'll get in touch with Hoseok, he'll send help."

"Sounds good," Jimin smiles at him, so Jungkook ran off to his plane to tell Hoseok the situation, before sprinting back. "How are they doing up there? I don't wanna move my neck in case it's hurt or something."

Jungkook looked up. "They're managing. It looks like they might've hit two, but they're pretty far away now, I can't really tell. But enough about that. Tell me a story Mimmie."

"You haven't used Mimmie since high school," Jimin laughs. "But fine. Do you want to hear the story of how I knew I was in love with you?"

"I'd love to," Jungkook's voice is soft.

"Well, high school, right? The end of senior year," He began. "We were almost ready to graduate. I saw you in the courtyard with your friends, and I was about to go up to you...but I saw you juggling. And I realized at that moment, 'Oh my God he's juggling and I don't want to break up with him? Man I must really love this guy.' And now I love you and have a really weird thing for juggling, which I may or may not take with me if we ever for some reason break up."