Past

People call me crazy for dating the man that verbally abused me. I know that. We both do. People told me it wouldn't stop if we started dating. It didn't. But we're working on it. He's a lot better now.

It's not like he just apologized and I was suddenly okay with it. In fact, when he confessed to me the first time I was insulted. I told him he wasn't allowed to verbally abuse me for three years only to make a petty excuse for an apology like this.

I thought that would make him go away. Make him leave me alone. But it didn't. People call me crazy for falling in love with the man that hurt me so badly. But I didn't fall for the man who abused me with words, I came to love the man that worked hard to see me smile.

I fell for the man who truly wanted my forgiveness, who worked his ass off if only to erase a sliver of the pain he caused. He wouldn't leave me alone, and he made such a huge effort to try to make me, only me, happy.

It took about a year and a half before I actually started cracking. I think it was sometime after he got suspended for two days after punching a guy who called me terrible names. At first I was really angry at myself at the actual thought that I could even become acquaintances with him. I wasn't anywhere close to forgiving him-I still haven't completely. But the heart does crazy thing when it comes to love.

The next six months were me battling over my heart and mind. My heart was the one that pulled through. But at the time it seemed obvious. He spent two whole years trying to earn my trust when he should have just moved on. When he should have just dealt with the guilt.

Now we've been dating a year, and our bond grows stronger every day. There are days he slips up, but I already knew that would happened. It's happened a little more than either of us would have liked over the past three years. But he's really trying to stop. He's really trying to learn to hold himself back, and replace the verbal attacks with showers of love.

"Hey Baby," I walk up to him as he shuts the door, kissing the corner of his mouth. "How was therapy?"

"Same as every day Jimin," He put his keys on the small table a bit aggressively. "You would think you'd get that by now. Why can't you comprehend that in your stupid fucking brain of yours!?" He looks up to see my expression, face immediately morphing into guilt. "Oh shit! Minie Hyung-"

"It's okay Kookie," I touch his arm gently. It used to be a lot worse than this. Even that's improvement. "Bad day?" He nodded. "Dr. Jung said to talk about it remember? Talk to me."

Jungkook's eyes started to tear up. "They made me talk about my past." I led him to sit down on the living room couch. "They got really angry when I didn't, and Dr. Jung wasn't there to stop them. Do you think I want to talk about how my Dad murdered my mom? Or how I took my depression out on a boy whose life seemed so perfect that I had to ruin it? How his pain became my obsession?" He's told me this all before. 'You're tears became my addiction,' He's said many times. He said they made me beautiful, and he says he still believes it.

"Shh baby it's okay," I wiped the tears out of his eyes, but they were only replaced by more. "We've gone over this so many times. You made a mistake-one I won't get over for a while, but we'll get through it together."

"I heard them talking today, when they thought I wasn't listening," Jungkook sniffed. "They were wondering how much I paid you to date me."

"You pay me every day by working hard to become a better person," I comforted. "But they don't get that. They don't get how much you've been through to hurt me like you did. Because they've never had to experience it." I started to tear up as well, remembering many of the words shot at me like bullets years ago. The wound may heal, but it will always leave a scar.