Sinking

"Jiminie look at it," Jungkook marveled at the sight in front of him.

"I know," Jimin smiled, agreeing. "Yet another step to a new life."

The R.M.S Titanic had been talked about for months, even so far East as Korea. The second Jungkook heard about it he bought two tickets with his parents' hard-earned money (They were wealthy and didn't seem to notice) for him and his lover.

They had to leave Korea; they would never be able to live a good life there. Jungkook's parents were well known, well respected people in Korea, descended from Japanese rule, since their home is really only a colony of the Empire of Japan at this point. Having a homosexual son would ruin their reputation. They would be seen as parents who failed their child. They abandoned him emotionally when he brought Jimin home to meet them, and they seemed happy to hear he was leaving.

It's not like America isn't homophobic either, but America is the place of dreams, and no one knew them there. They could pass as brothers. In pubic Jungkook used Jimin's family name. They learned that in the west spouses took each other's family names anyways, which was even more reason to. They were Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook in private, but the Park brothers to the public. They couldn't be legally married but that didn't mean they couldn't say they were. They knew they were going to spend the rest of their lives together so they found it appropriate.

"I still can't believe you got middle class," Jimin bounced.

"My parents are rich," Jungkook scoffed. "I'm sure they would've bought us first class if I swallowed my pride and actually asked them. They're happy to see me gone."

"At least they didn't throw you onto the streets," Jimin looked down. "They still gave you food and shelter."

"Aw Minie don't think about that," Jungkook gave the shorter male a hug. "If your father decided to keep you in his house we might not have met."

Jungkook had to tag along with his parents to go to a community service event that they were obviously doing so their names would show up in the paper. What political figure actually cares about the people? They were giving out meals to the homeless. Jimin was one of them.

Jungkook was amazed that someone so beautiful could have so little. And his hand slipped. And the soup fell on Jimin. Jungkook came back to his senses quickly of course, and he took the boy to clean him up. Long story short they started talking, then meeting behind peoples' backs, then finally being brave enough to come out to Jungkook's parents, only to be ignored for two and a half years.

"Yeah I'm glad for that I guess."

"See, it's okay! Come on," Jungkook grabbed Jimin's bag as well as his own. "We need to get on before the ship deports. So I can call you my husband and not feel scared about it."

*

"It's so nice here Kookie! How did they manage to put this all on a ship?" It was nearing the end of the second day and Jimin was still in awe of it all. Jungkook was too, but he kept it a bit more hidden.

"Yeah but the only problem is I barely understand a word they say," Jungkook scratches the back of his head. "English is difficult. It's so hard to even get meals."

"But the water's so perfect!" Jimin's eyes disappeared behind his smile. "It just sparkles so nicely."

"That sounds like something a gay person would say."

"Well news flash, I am a gay, if we were European you'd take my last name because we're in love."

Jungkook chuckles. "I know, the west is so odd. I'd take your name or you'd take mine. Jeon Jimin, it has a nice ring to it."