Accidental

"Jungkook, I really like you. Will you go out with me?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. "Uh, uh s-sure."

Jimin's nervous demeanor changed into one of surprised happiness. "Really? Okay, how about Friday? Oh my God we'll go after school, I have a car we can drive. Don't worry, my last class is right next to yours. Wow this is so exciting, I'm so happy! Okay bye!"

"Wait-" But Jimin was already gone.

"Bro, why'd you say yes!?" Taehyung chided, laughing. He had witnessed the whole thing.

"I didn't mean to!" Jungkook defended, but not loudly, just in case anyone could hear their conversation. "I've never been asked out before, I was nervous! You know I have social anxiety when put on the spot!"

"But you're straight."

"Yeah I know!" Jungkook rolled his eyes. "It was an accident. But it's not like I can just tell him that, didn't you see how excited he was? I'll just go on the date and tell him I'm straight and hopefully not make him cry."

Taehyung stifles a laugh. "Yeah good idea."

Jungkook sighed, putting a hand on his forehead, stress building up in his gut. "Why did I do that?"

*

"I'm still so happy," Jimin beamed, leading Jungkook into the restaurant.

"Hi Jimin," The waitress grinned. "Your table is ready, just as usual."

Jimin's demeanor is nothing but elated. "Thank you!"

"What is this place?" Jungkook looked around, taking in the black and white checkered floors, and the waitresses dressed in teal on roller skates.

"It's a 1950s American-Style diner," Jimin stared at the place in contentment. "If you couldn't already tell by how the waitress knew my name, I love it here, and I'm here all the time. I'm pretty much friends with everyone who works here." They sat down. "I wanted to work here, you know, as a waitress, but they said I couldn't because I wasn't a girl. Like damn, okay I could pull off a skirt like that. If we're being completely honest I think I'd make a very pretty girl, don't you think so?"

"Uh...yeah," Jungkook recognized, because for a man, he was in fact very pretty.

"See, I'm not the only one!" Jimin's entire being was loud and expressive. "But you probably think I'm a pretty boy too. When did you figure out you were gay?"

"Um...actually..." Jungkook took a deep breath, ready to tell him the news that would probably hurt him.

"Oh, are you questioning?" Jimin's eye were wide with curiosity. "Well, that's a little more difficult on my end, but that's okay I guess, it's not really a deal breaker. I'll just have to make sure that I work extra hard so you'll fall for me." He giggled.

And, Jungkook realized, it was kind of cute.

"Jiminie hi!" A waitress skated up before Jungkook could speak again. "Oh my God are you on a date?"

"Yes!" Jimin beamed, which Jungkook kind of liked as well. He didn't know why, but he did.

"Good for you Hon!" She exclaimed, then turned to Jungkook. "Listen, I know he can be intimidating sometimes because of his extraverted personality, but give him a chance, and I mean after this first date. He's a keeper no matter what, it's Jimin who decides who his keeper is."

"O-oh," Jungkook was just about to do the opposite. "Okay."

Well there's no turning back now.