CHAPTER 60 - Helium

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Yesterday, on Jada's birthday, it wasn't the happiest day for her as it should be, the sadness resulting from the conversation she overheard. She broke up with Tariq during their engagement party.

***

Two updates in one day!

***

The helium Tariq filled my heart with, has slowly been released. The emotional void is being refilled with emptiness, pain, anger and confusion. As I stare at myself in the mirror.. I no longer see the girl that Tariq once filled with life and passion. Instead, I am back to my old self and even worst this time. Instead of being emotionless and carefree, I am empty and shattered. I'd rather be my old self than the person Tariq turned me into. He built me up, just to tear me right back down.

I slowly lift my right wrist, gazing at my tattoo as I glaze my other thumb over it.

Why am I so sad? Why am I so dead inside?

"Baby sis, you ready?" Paige's voice breaks the stifling silence and I am thankful because I was on the verge of crying again.

I've done enough of that last night. Countless times and I hope no one notices the bags beneath my eyes and the emotions that I try to hide behind this makeup.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you ready or not?" She repeats and I snap back completely.

Today is the press conference. The day we've all been waiting for.

I run my palms over my black sleeveless dress that rest right above my knees and my black jacket that goes with it, then straightening the jacket. I look professional and my hair being in a low, sleek ponytail at the back makes it even better. Two small amount of hair being loose at my sideburns and curled to perfection. I gather my things and throw them in my Chanel bag as my simple sandal heels tap away.

During our drive to the White House, I try my hardest to keep a firm composure. I decide to get my shit together, today is definitely not the day to be a sulking wreck. I have to be on my A game.

It does better for my heart, the moment I walk inside the building and seeing my sisters all looking lovely and smiling especially when they see me.

But it soon becomes the opposite as soon as my eyes find Tariq's and Tyrell stand a feet away from him, speaking on his phone. I blink and look away to greet my beautiful family.

Reminding myself that no one knows of Tariq and I breaking up. We broke up... so it hurts even more to continue to play the happy fiancé with him.

"Is everyone ready?" The President of the United States asks. "Girls?" He turns to my sisters and I and we all assure him that we are, despite still being nervous, after all this time we had to prepare.

Small hysterical laughters echoes through the air and we all look to find Amy and Alex playing. Alex is Kate's son that dad offered to keep safe and being taken care of by the maids while his mom was in rehab. All because of Rebecca, but at least something good came out of it. She gets the help she needs and Alex doesn't have to be taken by child services, all thanks to my dad's high powers.

Every member of every family is present and Gabrielle's baby bump is almost visible.

"Girls, before we leave to the conference centre, can I speak to you for a quick second?" My mother asks.

Mariyah shifts uncomfortable but my mother assures her that she's welcome also, she sees her as a daughter too, not just a niece.

"I just want you all to know that I love you very much. After today, our lives will change drastically and everything will be hectic. But I don't want you to lose sight of family, no matter how the world begins to distract you, we need to stick together." She smiles.

"Also, your father would like for us to spend some more time together as a family.. it will be hard, him being President, your young busy lives, and especially Jada's engagement." She smiles at me and I force a smile back. "We need to stick together. And most importantly... your father and I are getting married." She finishes and that seems to be the first news that makes me so genuinely happy. But quickly I get a little sad. Tariq and I were supposed to be getting married. But this about my mom, not me.

We share our deepest congratulations but she tells us that it's not a big thing for now and they won't be sharing the news with the world to know yet. One big news at a time. He's the President, not some attention seeking celebrity.

Excitement fills my interior. I'm so happy for her, she really deserves it!

***

Sorry it's so short, the next two chapters will make up for it I promise!

Continue to vote and share your thoughts, Ily!