CHAPTER 6 - Wild

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Mariyah wins Jada's heart as they both join extracurricular activities at school to improve their social life. Jada gets a party invitation by her rival Tariq which she accepts, thinking it might be good for her and Mariyah's personalities. She also ended up taking a few soccer tips from the talented Tariq.

***

My mouth pokes up with air, trying to hold in the laugh.

"That's what you're wearing to the party?" I ask Mariyah between my fits of laughter as she constantly rolls her eyes.

"What's wrong with it?" She frowns.

"It's too... decent." My nose crinkles.

I came out of the bathroom to find Mariyah wearing a knee length formal dress with elbow long sleeves and 3 inch heels, work attire shoes. Her hair is gathered in one, clipped together with several hair pins. What in tarnation? Is she going to some kind of political conference? She really, like really needed a break from that proper, presidential family of hers. She even has those little badges on her clothes of American flags and other political icons.

"Then I guess I can't go. These are the only type of clothes my parents bought for me." She frowns once more, a face I notice that she does sometimes other than being goofy.. she drops her body back down on her bed.

I snap my fingers as a bulb turns on in my big head. "I know!" I raise an index finger.

"What?" She scowls.

"I never thought I'd actually thank my sister for something. She gave me a dress, told me that I'd need it at some point." I eye Mariyah down again, "turns out I actually do now." I grin as I shuffle through my suitcase that's still packed.

I pull out a pink, stretchy mini dress with spaghetti straps and sequins on it. I hold it up to show her with a grin, biting my bottom lip in excitement and hopefulness.

"Alright. I'm officially not going." She groans and begins to remove her shoes.

"What, why?" I ask with arms apart, holding the dress with knitted brows.

"That is.. too outrageous."

"M.. being a teenager is outrageous!"

"You're not outrageous."

"We're all outrageous, just in different ways. You're socially outrageous and I'm... violently outrageous." I shrug as if it's nothing which earns an abrupt laughter. I smile mentally at making her laugh.

"Come on..  you wanted to be a normal kid, that includes having fun and... not looking like a prude all the time. Put the dress on or I'm going without you." I deadpan, folding my arms over my stomach, still holding the dress.

"You're mean." She snatches the dress from my hand and I smile cockily in defeat.

"I know that." I sneer.

I chuckle when I hear her grumble innocent curse words under her breath as she leaves the room.

As Mariyah heads to the bathroom, I see a text notification pops up. Without replying, I assume that it's Tariq because it's an address and a time and apparently, we now have 2 hours to get ready.

I throw my phone back down and pace towards the bathroom to join Mariyah. "Wow." I stop abruptly in my tracks, greeted by the sight of her, she smiles nervously in response. She has on the dress and a pair of classy but sexy heels.

She had those heels all along?

I had no idea she was this sexy. Who would've known she was secretly a Greek Goddess all along under all those hideous, overly expensive monstrosities she calls clothes.