CHAPTER 9 - 18 Years

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada rushes to the hospital and gets tested for the transplant. She now finds out that she's not a match and while at it, she also finds out that she's a completely different blood type from her parents which is now leading her in suspicions that she might not be her parents biological child.

***

Photo - Paige.

***

Alone in my house, I lay in bed, staring at nothing specific. I'm unsure of what I'm actually thinking, a lot of different thoughts spiralling around in my mind, making it impossible to focus on one thing at a time. I just stare at the ceiling.

Hmm, what a nice ceiling..

As an idea comes to mind, I head into my parents room and begin to search. Not sure of what I'm looking for but I only know I need answers. Answers to what? I don't know but I need them.

Pulling out drawers, shuffling through brief cases, going through the closet.. I'm basically turning the room upside down, but carefully putting it back to the way it was.

I stand in the middle of the insanely huge room, clueless and hopeless. I deflate, lowering myself to the floor Indian style. I have no idea where else to look or what to do next.

My father always taught me, in any given situation, never stress too much and simply stop to think out of the box and be vigilant, never let personal emotions get in the way of the mission.

I steady my thoughts then stand to my feet, taking a closer look around the room. As I stride by the walls, I run my fingers against it in deep focus. To find my father's secret, I'll have to think like him, outside the box.

My hand stops against a painting before my eyes zero in on it. After listening to my intuition, I slowly shift it a little to the side.

The voices in my head are most times annoying but definitely never wrong.

Well, what do you know, there is a safe.

I gaze at it then a smirk makes it way to the edge of my lips. I try a bunch of different combinations until I get it right.

Of course its Paige's year of birth.

As I scan inside the safe, I take a deep breath and exhale. There're bunches of money inside here, jewelry and a large envelope. I remove the envelope and start towards the California king bed. I sit here, blankly staring at the envelope in y hand.

I tap my finger against the envelope repeatedly as my legs shake in anxiety. Should I really open this envelope? Whatever is inside could be nothing.

Jada, whatever is inside this envelope could change your entire life, do you really want that?

Yes.

No.

I quickly open it, just to get it over with. There're a few papers inside which I pull out, scanning across them with my eyes.

Upon closer observation, these are adoption papers.

I look away for a few seconds, release another breath that hitched in my chest then retreat back to reading.

The child's name on it is actually mine.

Trying to contain myself, I continue to search the papers for more information. I'm not seeing any sign of a biological mother or father's name, neither is there a name of an adoption agency or agent on here. All I'm seeing here are my adopted parents name, Charlotte White and Adonis White. Something is not right.