CHAPTER 17 - Kissed

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada outlines the tactics she used to successfully ambush Tyrell and why she did it the way she did. She finds out that the name she obtained from him is a John Doe. She gets furious but she calls Tyrell who eventually gives her the correct name after she reveals to him that this person is actually her mom. He gives Jada a clue as to why he's now helping her.

•••

Photo - Kyrie!

***

The door swings open and Mariyah, Cody and Tariq comes in laughing amongst themselves. I'm wrapped up in my bed while I read random poetry on my phone, which is the only light in my room illuminating my face. I feel like I look just like one of those persons who's telling scary stories in a dark room with a flashlight shining from below in their faces. Something about me and darkness; I hate light, maybe that's why black is my favorite color and that is in no way up for debate.

"Wow." I deadpan, eyeing Mariyah's top. She's wearing this pink Chanel crop top shirt with a tie at the front.. it's saying 'bad bitch alert'. A visibly tight denim skirt and grey Yeezy sneakers. She follows my eyes and looks down on her top then grins.

They kick their shoes aside before Mariyah jumps in her bed on her belly and indirectly waits for Cody to be seated beside her. His feet are literally rooted to the floor when he faint drops on her bed like the true weirdo he is. I watch how her eyes half shut from her laughter.

Tariq plops down beside me, his alluring Tom Ford cologne pleasantly invades my nose and his heavy impact jerking me a bit. I turn around to lay on my back.. he then hugs me around the waist and places a little peck on the cheek. I internally shudder from his close proximity and notices how cool his lips are courtesy of the outside air.

Getting to know Tariq better, I found out that I like his personality in a weird way. From his charm to his arrogance. His intelligence to his goofy side. Sometimes a little aggressive and controlling but mostly in a good way. I won't condemn him because I'm the exact same. Or worst.

I close my eyes and smile.. Tariq always makes me feel warm inside and he always happens to do this after I've had a stressful day.. or night. The fact that he doesn't even know what I'm going through and still brings me peace is crazy.

"Awww." Cody and Mariyah coos simultaneously earning a middle finger from me.

"Seems you guys had fun." I say.

"It was cool. Would be better if you were there though." Mariyah smiles.

"But how was your night?" Tariq asks.

"Good." I nod.

"Okay. Anyway, Cody and I are gonna slide now. You guys sleep tight." Tariq says patting my arm. "Don't miss me too much now." He winks and I roll my eyes, unknowingly gripping my clothes tight under the covers..

He shuffles my hair and places a soft kiss against my mole. Cody envelopes Mariyah into a delicate, slightly hesitant hug and they both put their shoes back on and leave. I don't know why they removed them in the first place if they weren't going to be here for more than a minute.

"I brought ice cream. You want any?" Mariyah asks. She loves to eat ice cream, especially at nights and I don't understand why or how is that humanly okay.

"Oh, no." I shake my head. My only night time habit is to read random stuff online. I never like to eat anything late in the nights.

Mariyah starts to stuff her face with her pistachio flavored bowl of delight. She is always a happy soul but she has a different glow recently. I know she's in love with the idea of being this upbeat kid she always wanted to be and she does it so well, but there's more to it now and I can't seem to place a finger on it. I glance at her with squinted eyes. She looks up at me and realizes my expression.