CHAPTER 23 - I'm coming back for you

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Cameron reveals more truth to Jada about her background. Also revealing to her that she is a triplet. Also realizing the fact that Mariyah, her good friend and also her roommate is actually her biological sister. Now understanding why Tyrell only gave her her mom's name, she now reaches out to him again for more help on how to find her other sisters but he refuses to help. She's now puzzled on how to ever get close to the president.

Photo - Amy.

***

"You are truly beautiful." My mom breathes, taking in as much admiration that she missed out on all these years.

I glance over at her and smile.

"Did I mention you have his eyes too?" She adds, which earns a chuckle from me.

We're on the outside, watering the flowers with the hoses, talking about our lives over the years and getting to know each other.

"What was my dad like?" I want to know. I don't want to read articles online that mostly consist politics; I want to hear about him from someone he loved. Someone that saw and experienced the side of him that has no walls or barriers.

"Your dad is a protector, he protects who he loves with everything in him. He's caring.. he's intelligent.. he's loving.. selfless.. he's everything, that's why the people chose him for president." She's proud and I smile because of this.

It is clear in her eyes that she loved him very much... she still does.

"How did it feel to know that you'd never see him again? That you both had a triplet and he didn't even know?"

She smiles but that's not enough shield for the pain behind it. It hurts me to even ask. "It broke my heart. It broke me. I lost the love of my life and I lost my little angels.. I lost everything.. all because of Rebecca. She gets to live happily ever after with her daughter and a husband that she doesn't even love, when I lose my daughters and my real love. It is so not fair." Her eyes are glued to the ground as she fights her voice not to strain.

I keep focus on her expression and the results are exactly what I expected- pain. Rebecca gets everything she wants and my mother gets nothing? All because of status and power? Because she wanted to hold the title of being the First Lady?

"Rebecca is going to pay. I have to take her down, if it's the last thing I do, even if it kills me." I promise and mean it.

"Sweetheart, you can't go up against this woman. My God, she threatened to even kill me! She's The First Lady Of The United States."

"You have no idea what I'm capable of. Don't underestimate me because I'm 18 and nothing you do or say will stop me. Look at you, you don't deserve this! You're a good person, whatever is taken away from you by evil people, you take it back! You fight!" I yell and she simply smiles at me expectantly.

"You are your father's child." She nods. "You are strong, just like him. I just don't want you getting hurt because of me. I won't allow it, Jada."

"Mom, your identity was destroyed. I found out I was adopted, which was a secret well kept.. tracked down a high profiled lawyer, broke into his penthouse, point his own gun at him and threaten to kill him! I took a plane from L.A without my parents even knowing, and here I am, I found you. I did all this by myself and I'm still alive, you have no idea what I'm capable of. Rebecca took your name, she took your kids, she took your love. I will find my other two sisters, I will prove to David that we're his kids and lastly, I will take Rebecca Dé'Neilio out of the picture once and for all!" My stomach stirs in rage as my mom immediately hugs me, her eyes filled with tears but she refuses to let them release.