CHAPTER 44 - Portrait

Previously On Triplets Apart:
The president gets his wife to sign the divorce papers with the persuasion of blackmail. Threatening to send her to prison with evidence he has on her from her illegal activities or to simply sign the papers and she walks away a free woman. She can't resort to suing him for physical abuse because Jada apparently broke into her penthouse the night before and made sure that she removed all traces of those photos that were implicating her dad for allegedly abusing his wife.

***

"So.. Danielle Dé'Neilio." The side of Tariq's his lip tugs up into an amused smirk.

"I could really get used to that." I reply with a nod, smiling back at him.

"So does that mean.. you're gonna like, legally change your name or some shit?" He asks with his brows forming a crease in thought.

"I mean.. I like Jada. Jada is.. me. As in, I just feel like the name 'Jada' is perfect for my character. Jada is fierce and untamed." Raising my palms in an imagining gesture.

"And Danielle is sweet and kind, which is also you." He replies, glazing his thumb against the flesh of my cheek bone. "You see, Jada was the name given to you from the product of a bad situation. Danielle is the name you got out of truth, out of love." He explains and I can't help but process how much sense the idiot is actually making right now.

Am I going to change my name?

It is now only us kids in the kitchen. All the parents are back in a meeting. God knows what is going on up there.

"By the way Amber, I never got the chance to tell you how much I love your singing voice. I never would've thought I'd be standing in a kitchen with you one day." Tariq extends an arm towards Amber and she shakes his hand, her lips unfolding into a beautiful smile.

Tariq has always had a thing for her, not in a romantic way but he's always been weirdly obsessed with the girl's music even though he doesn't keep up as a fan, being that he always used to say I resemble someone but couldn't tell who. Damn, if someone had told me that girl was my triplet sister all along I would've laughed at them.

"Thank you so much. It always come as a surprise to know that people support me outside of Brazil." She says with a shrug and a chuckle.

Meanwhile Tariq raps with Amber, I discreetly pull Phoebe to the side to speak to her about something out of earshot.

"I need some advice." I nervously raise my brows, pressing me teeth together.

"I love your outfit by the way." She eyes me up and down, mentally lost at my Burberry suit, ignoring my statement. I almost forgot I was looking this good today.

"Then you should meet my sister, Paige. That's exactly what I need your help for. You see, I've never been on a date before. My boyfriend, Tariq, wants us to go out tonight, I'm not sure where but knowing him, I'm sure it's something fancy he has up those sleeves." I explain as she listens attentively.

"And you want to be a little dressy this time, a little more classy or girly.." she  nods, still eyeing me down, gradually collecting every information through her fashion instincts. She can already tell that I'm not exactly "girly". Whenever my parents wanted us to attend events, Paige was always the one responsible for getting me in the best gowns, I could care less about those stuff. But Paige isn't here now.

"Yes! He's so damn extra and I'm more of a casual, uhh.. sporty kind of girl? He got me basically an entire collection of Burberry, which I'm wearing now but.. I was thinking, since you're a young and upcoming fashion icon which happens to be.. my sister.."