CHAPTER 26 - Cody And Mariyah

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada is the main reason for her team's massive win in her first big soccer game against another school. Her family attends as Paige gets aquatinted with Jada's friends. She earns team captain, also with the help of Tariq who is also now team caption for the males sophomores soccer team.

***

Photo - Coach Coleman (Brad).

***

Happy 1st of December, 2019! 🎅🏼

***

I retreat back to my family and friends. My parents are professionally dressed. Seriously?

"Hello honey. We're so proud of you." My mom beams with a grin as she receives me in a hug, I smile.

"Thank you ma."

My dad opens his arms and I hug him.
"Congratulations baby girl, you've made me very proud."

Paige hugs me and kisses my cheek.

"You rocked out there baby sis!" She squeaks and I laugh.

"Word." I say and she goes back to interact with my friends. They seem to really like her, who wouldn't..

I don't know which one of them she's flirting with this time but I sure hope for their sake, they don't fall into her trap. Paige has always had a habit of flirting with persons then leave them hanging soon as they start to like her back.

"I really appreciate it all. I mean, you guys didn't have to leave your busy lives to come." I say to my parents.

"Was that a joke? We wouldn't miss our baby's first big game for the world." Dad wraps an arm around mom's waist.

"And speaking of busy lives, we have to get back to work now, honey." Mom sends a sheepish smile.

"Well, that explains why you're dressed like this at a soccer game." I gesture to their appearances which earns chuckles from them.

They envelope me into a tight hug, wave to Paige and leave. Paige is still talking to my friends and I walk over there so see what's the ruckus is about. They must be obsessing over her like everyone else always does.

"Aren't you going with mom and dad?" I ask Paige.

"Girl, I drove my own car, plus your friends are so cool!" Her chirpy voice is so gleeful which makes me chuckle.

She looks so good and healthy, it's like she didn't even do a surgery. They all look so good in their cute designer outfits. They went all the way out for me.

"Yo J, all I gotta say, you kicked ass out there today!" Mario tells me, raising a hand for a high five, I laugh, taking the shot.

"Yeah, you were awesome! Everyone was cheering your name!" Mariyah beams.

"I swear, I think she's the best on the team." Shane adds and Amra agrees with a simple "yup" and a nod.

"She is the best on the team!" Tariq corrects.

"I have an announcement." I gather everyone's attention, breaking the bickering of how obviously good I am. "Guess who's the new captain of the freshman's females soccer team?" I grin, throwing my hands up.

They all start to scream and cheer, showering me with hugs. I chuckle at how supportive and loving they are. I love them so much.

The whole gang is here.. Mariyah, Cody, Tariq, Shane, Amra, Tory, Mario, even Lexa and my sister, Paige.