CHAPTER 14 - Stabbed

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada shows Mariyah her tattoo and tells her they have meaning behind them which she doesn't wish to disclose yet. She tells her the awkward story of how it all happened. Tariq shows Jada deep affection after she gets a call from Paige about her successful surgery.

***

Photo - Adonis White.

***

After soccer practices, Tariq and I team up on a little one on one juggling. I guess its become our regular routine after our practices, to stay back just to practice some more.

He juggles the ball with his knees then passes it to me. I receive it in my chest area then dribbles it towards the goal. He tries to tackle but I freestyle along with a pile until I score and I know he intentionally allowed me the free pass. We both laugh and cheer. It has been fun with him.

"You know you made me win." I tell him, wiping away sweat with the back of my hand from my forehead.

"No, that's cheating." His playful side makes me laugh.

He takes his shirt off due to the sweating, then I find myself unknowingly admiring his toned body and his steel-like abs. I notice a scar on his side which brings me back to reality.

"What's that?" I ask, panting as I point to his side. He raises his arm and looks at the scar.

"I got stabbed last year." He says with a chuckle. I instantly feel bad as my grin flips upside down.

I grasp his arm, tugging him behind me to the grand stand, heading all the way to the extreme top as we sit.

"How is that even funny?" I ask annoyed with a shrug.

"You're right, its not funny. It was painful as fuck. There was blood everywhere." His brown eyes darken and I frown.

"I'm so sorry about that." I tell him.

"I still get a slight fright whenever anything touches it."

I look at him and then at his scar once again. Reluctantly, I slowly place a palm over the skin without making contact, then slowly resting my palm on his flesh where the scar is. As I tenderly relax my fingers on his skin, I can see the anxiety in his eyes as his body stiffens. He closes his eyes before he begins to relax, slowly releasing the tension of his body and simply relax. He settles his palm over mine. We remain this way for a few more seconds. From the back of my mind, I notice how velvety his skin is.

"How's that?" I ask him.

"Much better." He breathes but loud enough for me to hear.

I remove my hand. "Why were you stabbed?"

"Because of Emma."

My brows knit in curiosity. "What do you mean?"

"She uhh.. had a 'thing' for me ever since we started our freshman year last year." He rolls his eyes which I find so cute. "I talked to her, she's cute but I just wasn't feeling her, you know.." he shrugs which I also find so darn cute. I need to stop this.

"One night I went to a house party at her house. I went inside a bathroom to wipe spilled punch from my shirt, she must've followed me inside or something but anyways, she came on to me, seducing me and saying all kinds of crazy shit. Telling me she was in love with me and how much she wanted me," he jerks his shoulders, crinkling his nose as if the thought alone disgusts him making me want to roll right down this grand stand in laughter, "I was confused and also I was under the influence of alcohol a little but I won't lie, apart of it was my doing too. I gave in to the moment and we had sex right there in that bathroom." He explains, I now suddenly feel the urge to gag.