CHAPTER 58 - My Heart Aches

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Tariq introduces Jada to a hobby that she didn't know he had— horse riding. They both spend some time at a stable with multiple horses his dad owns and he also introduces her to his favorite horse, Patrice.

***

My eyes flutter open because of my annoying sister Paige, jerking me out of my sleep. Lord, who did I offend?

"What's the big idea?" I snap. She knows I like to be woken up, only on my own terms.

"It's your birthday, little sis!" She squeals then kissing my hands repeatedly.

"And?" I raise a brow.

"Girl, you're 19 today! You're like the only teenager in the world that's not excited by birthdays! What's wrong with you?"

"Paige, it's just another day and a symbol of getting older, now can I go back to sleep?" I shrug.

"No! I got you a gift. We have a big day ahead of us, today is your engagement party too, don't you remember?"

All my sisters have ganged up against me and decided against my will that the best birthday gift to give, is to set up the engagement party for my birthday, so it's a birthday party as well which is later on in the evening. It's also a birthday party because I thought it would be selfish to have my engagement party on my birthday, being that it's also Amber and Phoebe's birthday the same day but they all insist as this year is a little... different for us all and it's all about having each other.

Paige's gift to me is an entire collection of Beyoncé's Adidas X Ivy Park collaboration. It comes in an unnecessarily large box and most of the pieces are in orange and purple, both colors I do not like but I appreciate the gesture and the least I can do is wear them to prove that. What is with everyone and high fashion around me? I mean, I'm into it now too so I won't act like I'm not but come on..

I hug Paige, thanking her for once again getting me something outside my own taste without sounding ungrateful. I think I'm finally getting the spirit of my special day.

Plus it's my birth sisters and I's special day and we have so many deeper reasons to celebrate.

I have to admit that the collection is actually amazing and after half hour of rummaging through, I finally decide on what I'll wear today. It turns out that Paige got a collection for herself as well.

I take a bath and prep my skin, adding minimal makeup then moisturizing my hair and letting it all escape down my hips today, my curls more visible, bouncier and deeper than before and I like it.

Then I put my outfit on..

"The world already knows you're the most gorgeous thing on two feet, yeah yeah.. hurry up!" Paige hastens me.

"Okay okay!" I giggle and grab my keys and my new chest bag from Adidas. I honestly don't know what is it with me and these chest bags. "Why are you in such a hurry though?" I ask Paige as we open the front door, immediately my steps come to a halt as I freeze in my spot.

It's a -, a huge red bow on the front and a sign saying 'happy birthday' the car that I've been fantasizing over hopelessly since it was released- the Mercedes-Benz GLE 450. My parents got me the latest luxury Benz for my birthday? My mouth forms into an 'o' shape.

"I guess you won't be needing this." Paige snatches my keys and replaces them with another— the ones for my new car. So this is why she was rushing me. I snap out of my trance and I can't control the loud squeal that escapes my lips next.

"You knew?!" I squeal, as I admire the car inside and out in awe. It's black of course, with grey interior, so gorgeous. I am impressed that my parents know my exact style and choice of colours too, well of course they do. Unlike Paige who went out and got me purple and orange clothing when all I want is black.