CHAPTER 37 - For The Right Price

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Kyrie has returned as a new student, sparking all kinds of old feelings in Jada. David calls a meeting at the White House where he announces his plans of sending Rebecca to prison. Jada opposes on the idea for the sake of Mariyah and Tariq. This was how she finally confesses her love for Tariq.

***

2 updates in one day!!

***

S/O to these amazing readers.. I really appreciate your support and beautiful comments so far at such a tender stage of my book.

YashmineGreen ShaneGVS95
Dahlia8888   Deelizzy  BlueRose3117  Chinwe226   jessicawarren02 shaniqua_campbell

Also thank you for 1k reads.. AND MILLIONS MORE TO GO!!!

LETS GET IT!!!

***

"Because if Rebecca goes down for this then it's a possibility that Tyrell might go down too because of his involvement. And knowing Rebecca, if she goes down for this, she's taking everyone that she can with her." David adds in understanding and I nod as he resumes the act of turning a ring on his finger back and forth. I can tell it's a habit he has when he's weighing out the pros and cons.

"Mariyah might seem unmoved about this now, but only because she's hurting, she's numb. That's still her mother and I know she still loves her, she just needs to go through this phase." I continue. "Rebecca took children from their mother but I will never take Mariyah away from hers, I love her too much for that and if it wasn't for Mariyah, Rebecca could rot in hell for all I care." I add, Mariyah places a hand over both her nose and mouth in thinking. She closes her eyes but I won't apologize for my harsh words.

"It's the same with Tyrell, if Rebecca goes down for this, that means Tyrell might go away too. It's not a sure thing because he was blackmailed but we can't take that risk because Rebecca is still very powerful and she'd do everything in her power to drag him down with her." I explain and dad nods in agreement.

"Rebecca almost took Tariq away from his father at a young age, I can't let you take his father away from him now. I will never let that happen to Tariq." I state as dad traces his chin with his thumb in consideration.

"She has a valid point." Tyrell chimes in and dad nods once again, processing everyone's opinion to conjure up a final decision.

"Rebecca will walk. Take your revenge however else you like, just don't send her away." I say.

"I've always had a feeling you'd be my favorite of the triplets." A familiar voice interrupts, closing the door behind, we all turn swiftly on our heels to see who it is.

Rebecca.

Striding in confidently with a briefcase and a man dressed in a black suit behind her. He stands at the door with his hands crossed over his groin.

"What in God's name are you doing here Rebecca? I thought I told you to stay away." Dad snarls.

"Lest you forget dear, I am very much entitled to this house as you are. I gave you enough time to cool off but you still haven't come to your senses I see." She smirks at him then takes a glance at my mom, eyeing her up from head to toe. Mom shakes her head.