CHAPTER 48 - Leak Information

Previously On Triplets Apart:
The cute couple was enjoying their dysfunctionally beautiful night until Tariq received a disturbing call that Mariyah was in the hospital. But when Jada got there, things might now get complicated, she said out loud that the president is her father.

***

1 week later...

After Mariyah got discharged from the hospital with mediations and clear instructions how to take them, we are now heading back to the White House. She had a minor concussion and she'll need a lot of rest and absolutely no alcohol.

Thankful it wasn't me.

I got some time last Sunday to bond with my adopted parents and apologize for kind of neglecting them a bit, which they completely understand giving the situation, of course I'm going to want to get to know my real parents, of course I would go through the phases of anger, confusion, exhaustion, anxiety etc, it's overwhelming. As long as they're conscious of the fact that I love them never the less and I will always do.

Approaching the exit of the hospital with the secret service, we're being greeted by chaos, a very disturbing event.

"Mr. President! Mr. President!"

"Rumor has it you had another child outside your marriage, is there any truth applied to these allegations?"

"Mr. President, are you and Mrs. Dé'Neilio getting a divorce?"

"What is the age of your second daughter?"

"Mr. President, who is the mother of your outside child? Did you have an affair while being married to the First Lady?"

"The President won't be answering any any questions. Please, get back!" Tyrell shouts as he pushes through the sea of press and paparazzi.

"Dad? What's happening?" Mariyah worries as we push pass the crowd of mics and flashing lights. This is what they kept her from all her life and now she hardly knows how to deal with it in public.

Dad yanks us to each of his sides, putting his palms over our faces as a form of shield or disguise.

As we hurry into the back of the limo, Mariyah and I instantly snap our necks around, looking through the windows at the insanity. We watch as we drive away until they disappear as the vehicle makes a corner.

What happened?

"Dad?" Mariyah and I say simultaneously.

"Don't trouble yourselves." He says in a reassuring way, trying to suppress his expression of confusion by replacing it with a smile. Mariyah and I stay quiet. This is politicians mess I assume, its up to them to deal with it.

Tariq is in another escalade behind us with his father.

The White House...

"Sir, what are you going to do?" Tyrell asks the President after a few hours of investigating how on earth the press got this information and how they'll do damage control.

David paces back and forth in the office, with his drink in one hand and his other hand in his pocket. Irritated, upset and confused.

"Whoever leaked this information is someone who knows. Someone from the inside. Don't you think?" He asks Tyrell, coming to a halt in his steps.