CHAPTER 15 - Hands Where I Can See Them

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada and Tariq opens up to each other about their unfortunate past experiences. She now understands why Emma was being so weird. Tariq tells her the history between the two as they both grow closer in their friendship.

***

Photo - Tyrell Aniston.

***
2 updates in one day...

***

Its been a few solid weeks consisting of researching, plotting and planning. Finally I'm ready to approach Tyrell Aniston. My studies of him lead me to find out that he works late on Thursdays whenever he's dealing with a huge case. And according to the media, he's dealing with a huge case.

It's 8:00pm and I just took a shower and moisturized my skin and hair, all products from my little grey bag I call my beauty bag, well only in my mind. Mariyah is sprawled across my bed, texting away on her phone. I put on a pair of black pants, now only in my pants and bra.

"Where are you going now?" She fake cries.

"I'll be back in less than an hour, okay?" I assure her.

"Why don't you ever tell me anything?"

"Some things you just can't know yet, it's for your own good." I say gathering my now softened hair in a ponytail at the back.

The door opens and we glance over, finding Tariq's tall figure entering the room.

"Where are you going?" He asks, shutting the door behind him.

"What's with the interrogations? I'm just going to run an errand, okay?" I shrug.

With time, Mariyah and I have gotten closer. Something about her that makes me feel close to her and for a person such as myself, that's extremely rare. As for Tariq and I, well its almost the same. From giving me extra lessons for soccer to coming to my dorm at nights for no particular reason. I've gotten so comfortable around him to even being half dressed. So comfortable that even when I occasionally catch him eyeing me, we simply wave it off with a laugh. It's still weird being around people that my energy blends with so well. Maybe the idea of my parents sending me to a physical college was actually a good thing for me. At least here, I get to escape the weird mysteries of my own home and all along I thought that would always be the other way around. He strides across the room, dropping his body weight on my bed beside Mariyah. Dragging on a black long sleeved blouse with a turtle neck, then a black hat with a peak. I shove my ponytail through the opening on the back prior to placing everything I need in my chest bag.

"What are you doing here by the way?" I ask as I slide on a pair of black boots.

"I was wondering if you guys wanted to go catch a movie but I see you have other plans.." He trails off with a shrug.

"I'll go." Mariyah shrugs too.

"Yeah. We wouldn't want to leave her alone here." I agree.

Mariyah jumps out the bed to drag on more suitable clothing. I kiss both of them in the forehead and head out to complete my own mission.

I drive to the location of Tyrell's company then park across the street awaiting his exit. Minutes later, my eyes spot a tall, brown skinned man dressed in an expensive suit coming outside. I straighten my posture forward to take a closer look at him.

It's him, right Zinh?- "Yes."

I inhale deeply and let the breath out as he gets into a black matte Range Rover and drives out. I turn on my own car and begin to follow behind him cautiously, making sure I stay 2 cars behind. We arrive at the building of which his penthouse is on as he enters. He says something quickly to the receptionist then heads into the elevator. I lower the peak of my hat in disguise and quickly head inside behind him.