CHAPTER 11 - Tattoo

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada uses a secret application that her dad gave her to find the identity of the owner for the signature on her adoption papers. Her parents continue to lie about Paige not knowing that she already knows. She is still puzzled as to why there was no ties or evidence on her adoption papers. Nothing to link her to her real parents, an agency or an agent. She visits Paige at the hospital in which Paige reveals to her her personal reason for not telling her about her kidney but that wasn't her parents reason. Jada gets emotional of the love she has for Paige.

***

Hopping in my white, 2018 Mercedez Benz CA-Class, I drive to the location that Tariq sent me. Arriving at a huge basketball stadium, I navigate myself inside in search of a parking space, I slowly cruise through carefully to find a good spot, conducive to the size of this thing.

Speaking of spot, I spot Emma leaning up against her Audi A3, tapping away at her phone, if phones could cry, it'd be shedding real tears.. it seems like she's the first one to get here. I drive up to her and parallel park my car beside hers.

I grab an apple juice from my cup holder, unbuckle my seat belt, turn the engine off and hop out my car, closing the door and clicking it lock. I place a hand in my pocket then proceed to walk over to her. She seems annoyed by something.. well, isn't she she always annoyed by something?

That poor phone.

"Aye." I say, leaning up on her car beside her.

"Hey." She finally notices me from her current war with her phone.

"Where's the rest of the guys?" I loosen the lid on my juice and take a sip.

"Uhm.. Tory is rolling with Mario, they're almost here. Lexa isn't coming, she's studying for an exam.. that she has on Friday! Such a buzzkill. Amra is on her way and I'm not getting through to Tariq, but Shane and Cody will be with him." She rolls her eyes, waving a hand at the mention of Tariq's name.

My phone rings from inside my chest bag.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"Are you there yet?" Tariq's voice asks.

"Yeah, just now. Uhh, waiting for you guys."

"Be there in 5."

Without a response, I end the call. I really need to end that bad habit of mine.

"Who was that now?" Emma asks.

"Tariq." I say, feeling a bit awkward but not sure why.

Her face turns into a slight frown that she quickly masks with a forced smile, obviously hoping I didn't catch on. I know she feels weird that she could not get through to Tariq and now he calls me without returning her calls first. It's obvious that he intentionally ignored her. But why?

A smirk creeps up at my face.. "So how long has it been going on?" The words roll right off my lips carelessly as I cross my arms over my stomach, not regretting saying it.

"What?" Her brows couldn't knit any closer, she glances at me.

"You and Tariq. What's the deal with you two?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come on, Emma. We're not really fully adults but we are grown you know." I say with a bored tone. "I mean we're all young and dumb but we ain't that stupid."

She looks away then taking another good look at me, takes a breath and looks away again.

"Well.." she starts but then a car drives in, immediately dragging our attention towards it.