CHAPTER 19 - Home Sweet Home

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada and Emma gets into a huge fight because of Emma's accusations of Tariq being a player. But the real reason for the fight is because Emma got furious of the fact Jada stated about her being a "whore". Jada gets suspended for 3 days.

***

At the end of the day, I head to my room without Mariyah.

I begin to put a few extra books and school stuff in my bag to go home. I already have a lot of clothes at home. My suspension will last for 3 days and I won't stay on campus if I can't attend school. Plus I do need some time to cool off and process this whole thing of Tariq lying to me.

How could he not tell me about their stupid quests of making bets on innocent girls?

After a quick shower, I put on some underwear, moisturize my skin with special products and gathering my hair in a high, messy bun. Now putting on a black Puma sweat pants and tight Givenchy black blouse. As I am putting on my socks, the door opens.

"Finally, you're here." I huff, assuming it's Mariyah. "I didn't want to leave without saying good..." I start.. but I stop in my speech as I look upwards to see Tariq's figure instead.

He stands at the door with both hands in his pockets. I roll my eyes and grab a shoes from under my bed.

"What is it, Tariq?" My tone is clearly laced with annoyance.

"What happened today?" He asks.

"It was a fight, wasn't that obvious?" I snap, retreating to the bathroom.

"Why were you guys fighting?"

"She hit me because I called her a whore?"

"What?"

I exit the bathroom and continue to move around, grabbing some small items and throwing in my bag. I stop and look up at him, folding my arms.

"She said her brother stabbed you because he knew you were a dog. What's this about you idiots making pacts and joining some type of race... bets, to sleep with girls, huh? Is that true? You're a whore too?" I ask with my eyebrows knitted. By the look on his reaction, I know now that it's true as much as how I'm trying to make an excuse. He's far from proud and I can swear there's a slight look of regret visible too.

"That's what she told you?" He asks.

"Don't play me." I hiss. I want to smack him all around this room like a ball.

"I know it was stupid and immature but.. that's not who I am anymore."

"That's exactly who you are!" I exclaim, pointing an index finger at him accusingly. "Even the first day I saw you, you were busy being an ass to Mariyah."

"I was just playing!" his hands spread apart.

"Stay away from me." My tone returns to being rested and he lets out an exasperated sigh.

I take up my phone and my car keys, then Tariq walks over to me.

"Just.. stop! Stop, okay?" He grasps my upper arm and spins me towards him.

"I don't even know why I even became friends with you. You can't play me like you do these other girls! You disgust me and I should've known from the beginning, the way you were harassing Mariyah! You're nothing but a pig, a jerk, God damnit!" I attempt to walk around him..

He immediately uses one hand, placing his fingers against my chest and pushes me against the wall and I glare sharp daggers at him. He is so strong that he pushes me so effortlessly but my back impacts the wall a little hard. He places both his hands around me, resting them against the wall, blocking me as my heartbeat instantly quickens by our closeness and his breath fanning softly across my face. He leans in to me searching my eyes and all my mind manages to do is simply stare back, deep in his glistening dark brown eyes without reacting. Wait, why didn't I react? Especially violently? I just stand here speechless like a fool and I can't decipher the immobility my body and mind is experiencing right now.