CHAPTER 7 - The Gang

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada gives Mariyah a glamorous new look, boosting her confidence a little for the party. Jada and Mariyah meets the rest of the gang where Shane apologizes in the flesh. Mariyah and one of the gang member named Cody engaged in a drunk steamy first kiss.

***

A/N- I put together some visuals of the gang. You'll see them further down in this chapter and I know you're gonna love them. I do not know any of the persons I use in this story, I researched photos of the persons that will best match the descriptions in my head. If you happen to know any of them, please let me know so I can find these beautiful people and share their names with you and also give them credit, especially Jada! Enjoy!

***

Mariyah and I are seated in the library, getting some homework done. I rather to go home and kick it than to go home and still have to be thinking about stupid school, that's just too much toxicity for me. So whenever we get homework at the end of the week, I complete it right on the spot.

I tap my pen on the table as I look at Mariyah, with a smirk of my own. Finally she hesitantly looks up at me after pretending she doesn't know I'm watching her.

"What?!" She hisses.

"You?" I say and she ignores me, back to her book.

I chuckle.

"Meredith.. mad.".. Zinh, her name is Mariyah, and when since do you speak without being spoken to first?

"You barely said a word to me all morning. Wassup?" I ask, still smirking knowingly.

"I made a fool of myself." She drops her pen and scoots down in her chair.

"We're college freshmans. We all make fools of ourselves." I push my grey iMac aside.

"My head still hurts. Wait, why is my head hurting?"

"Uhm.. It's called a hangover? That headache you get when you've been swigging booze the previous night."

"Then how are you so fresh? You were drinking too."

"I have my ways." She ignores me. "So.. Cody.." I trail off.

"Ugh," She groans loudly, dropping her head backwards. I conceal my laughter from her shame. "That wasn't supposed to happen. How could I have been so careless?"

"One day you'll look back and realize that this is just college, it's what we do. After all this work in classes, we go crazy and make stupid decisions. We're all idiots if you should ask me. At the end of the day, it's all fun and we laugh at it. But soon, you'll understand. It's so much you still need to adapt to." I say between laughs, amused at her reaction, thinking she can actually be perfect especially in college.

"Yeah." She agrees. She lifts her head back up and folds her arms.

I chose a seat at the side of the library. My back is to the wall so I have visual of the entire room, while M's back is turned to the room.

I spot the gang coming inside.

"Speaking of Cody.." I trail off mockingly as she's oblivious that he's now here. I scoot down in my chair, grabbing my iMac and placing it back in front of me, hiding behind it jokingly. Mariyah scoffs in frustration realizing that he might be behind her.