CHAPTER 61 - Press Conference

Previously On Triplets Apart:
As the family gets ready for the press conference, Cameron informs her daughters of what is to come and that she'd like to spend some quality together as a family afterwards. She also announces that her and the president are getting married but wishes to keep it private for now for various reasons. The girls are beyond happy at their chance at a real family.

***

That means she'll soon be the next First Lady. Wow. My mom, the First Lady of the United States. Well I'll be God damned..

News teams, press and journalists from every state across America floods beneath the stage of which the President will speak on. All having their note books, mics and ear pieces on standby, being sure to not miss a tiny bit piece of verbal evidence.

"Are you ready?" My dad asks Rebecca in which she nods.

"As long as you have my back for whatever might happen after I do this." She tells him and he rubs her shoulder to assure her.

"Don't worry about it, you know you can trust me." He tells her.

I know he won't let her get into any trouble after her confession. He's a man of his word and he and mom holds the right to drop all chargers she may face for illegally giving away their kids. They have no reason to help this woman but for the sake of us all, especially Mariyah, they will.

"Thank you." I step towards her, my first ever kind words to her and I can tell by her expression that she senses my sincerity. She nods and smile as I fix her crooked collars.

"Thank you." She chuckles, after I brush her suit off and takes a step back.

Rebecca is pretty brave for doing this. She didn't strike me as the type to be doing a good deed and righting her wrongs, but what can I say, people change. It does seem odd and I can't exactly decipher how I feel about it just yet, but people do change and it's too late to turn back on her word, which doesn't usually means shit.

My dad approaches the stage with Rebecca by his side and a few of his men. Mom as well but she stays by the sidelines beside Tyrell and David's press secretary. They all look so sharp and extremely well dressed. As for my mom, she glows more and more everyday. Mariyah and the rest of us watch from behind the scenes.

Tyrell welcomes everyone in the form of an introduction and they waste no time before getting straight to the point of the gathering. My dad takes over from him and I watch as they all readjust their already adjusted equipments to record or note his words.

"Today is a beautiful day in Washington, don't ya think?" He flashes his contagiously charming smile and the crowd can't help but to return the gesture. They truly adore the man.

"Pleasant good afternoon to my fine Americans. Without further ado, lets get started. I'm aware that it's been brought to your attention a few allegations surrounding or involving me. I am also aware that you might've been waiting to hear what I have to say towards the matter, and I do apologize for the lengthy wait. I take full responsibility to share with you that truth is applied to some parts of those rumors, but you will only understand by hearing the entire story and my wife insists that she's the most eligible candidate to share it with you." He nods in Rebecca's direction and she smiles with him then approaches the mic.

"Good afternoon and thank you to everyone for coming and those at home who're tuning in right now." She looks over at my dad and he smiles and nods at her for encouragement, she redirects her attention to the crowd. My mom looks to the floor then back to Rebecca.

"It is no secret that I am a proud wife and mother. And whoever can relate to this knows that it is far from easy and sometimes the sacrifices we make for our families may sometimes turn out to be mistakes, because as women with certain duties, we do have a tendency of always wanting to be perfect. Perfect wives. Perfect mothers."

I feel my cheeks slowly tugging up into a smile, a proud smile.. she's doing great. And for the first time since knowing her, I'm beginning to see her differently now.

"But sometimes no matter how hard... how hard we try... it's never enough. I protected my daughter, stood by my husband.. but he still found the need to have an affair." The words rolled right off her lips and I blink a few times, wondering if I've heard right and desperately hoping that I've simply lost all my fucking marbles.

The crowd begins to mutter loudly. Mom looks at dad, her eyes clothed in horror, my dad looks at Tyrell and the press secretary stares at Rebecca.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today I approach you not as the perfect wife, or mother, or First Lady of America.. but simply a heartbroken and vulnerable woman. My husband uhm.. he cheated on me with my sister, my own flesh and blood.. got her pregnant and forced her to disappear and never to return..."

What?!

***

I know it's short. I wrote a chapter and it turned out to be over 3000 words which is the last two chapters (this and the one before) so I split them in two. I thought it might be too long and even I personally don't really like when chapters are too long when reading other books, maybe you share difference in opinion but no worries, the next chapter which is the last one will make up for these last 2 short chapters! Enjoy!

Please, can you guys comment where you're from?

Remember to vote, share your thoughts and let me know what you think and recommend with a friend in this annoying time of lock down!

Stay inside and wash your hands, I love you all!