CHAPTER 10 - Emotions

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Jada searches her parents room and finds adoption papers that are apparently hers. She's indeed adopted. She is hurt and puzzled at the fact that there's no evidence or ties to her biological parents or an agency. The only thing she could retrieve is an anonymous signature found on one of the papers, who's is it? She now realizes why her parents kept Paige's sickness a secret and now is urged to seek for answers.

***

Photo - Charlotte White.

***

It is now Sunday and Mom decided to take Paige to the hospital today instead of yesterday. Dad left early this morning to attend some function of the sort. On a Sunday.

My parents are always busy and hardly home though.

My dad owns this huge oil company and a shipping company as my mom is a high profiled realtor and investor. The houses she sells cost millions, she would make 5-10% of each profit and she sells houses everyday so you know she makes hundreds of thousands. They're both worth 60 million dollars combined.

With a few different emotions, I manage to feel, hurt, confusion, suspicion and I'm sure there are more, all at once. If I wasn't so good at handling my feelings, maybe I would be in depression by now. I mean, what does the average person do after finding out that all their life has been one big lie? How is that normal? Is it normal? How much longer can I thug this out for? Even though Paige and I are so different, I could talk to her about anything. She is sweet and caring, she was still a sister.

Speaking of differences, it makes sense now why we're so not alike. It is all making sense now. God, Paige is really not my real sister. My eyes instantly get teary at the thought, inhaling a deep breath to reverse the tears, releasing an exasperated sigh.

If these people are not my real family, then who is? Where is my biological parents? Could I have siblings? Why wasn't my biological parents names on the adoption papers? Why wasn't an agency's name on it either? With all these questions, I know that I have to take matters into my own hands. Why ask my parents when all they'll do is lie some more?

I'm on the floor, laying on my back with my feet up on the wall. I don't feel like myself, I feel.. lost.. and numb. I stare in the ceiling without shifting focus.

"J?" Charlotte's voice sweeps through my thoughts. I sit up and turn to face her.

"We're going to go to the hospital now." She smiles nervously. It seems she's forgotten that I can read through any expression and they all have a tell.

"Are you sure Paige is okay?" I offer her once more another opportunity to come clean but of course, she lies again.

"Sure.. maybe she's just stressed. We're just going for a follow up visit." She intertwines her fingers nervously. Again, everyone has a tell.

Paige folds her lips when she lies as my mom fidgets with her fingers when she does it. My dad is the only man I can't study, he taught me everything I know anyways..

I smile emotionlessly. "Okay." I regain my position on the cold marble floor with the soothing of the Persian rug, putting my feet back up.

"Are you okay, honey?" She asks. I close my eyes, intaking a deep breath, she calls me "honey" ever since I was a little girl as dad calls me "baby girl".

"I'm fine, mom." I let out another breath, might as well we all be liars since it's now a family trend.

"Okay." She says nodding and then leaves.