CHAPTER 38 - Lost You Twice

Previously On Triplets Apart:
David and Rebecca threatens each other on legal actions as Rebecca taunts him into physically abusing her by stating that she had an affair. She threatens Cameron to return to where she came from as she reveals that her and Cameron are sisters.

***

Happy Boxing Day everyone! I was supposed to update yesterday for Christmas but I got so caught up with family stuff, I forgot.. but here we are again! Enjoy.

***

"No.. No.. This can't be happening." Mariyah shakes her head frantically in disbelief, hopelessly trying to convince herself that she heard wrong. "Are you not my father?" She looks up, searching her dad's eyes for answers.

"Is Rebecca your sister?" I ask mom at the same time as Mariyah's question, searching her eyes for the answers as well.

"Yes." Her and dad finally answers simultaneously after a few seconds of stifling silence.

Her and dad glance at each other as she signals for him to go first being that both their kids are filled with questioning eyes and curious minds.

"Honey, stand up.. have a seat." Dad says to Mariyah, extending an arm as she takes it reluctantly, he pulls her up.

He settles her comfortably on his leather sofa and sits beside her with an arm around her. Sitting by the opposite end of her, my mom takes a seat in another chair. Tyrell exists the room to give us privacy.

"Cup cake? I need you to focus, okay?" Dad says to which Mariyah nods. "I know your mother and she's lying. Look at me," he gently turns her chin to face him. "You really question me being your father? We have so many physical similarities." Mariyah searches his eyes.

"But why would she lie?" Mariyah asks.

"Honey, that's Rebecca we're talking about. Because she knew that I'd get mad and that's what she wanted. She wanted me to lay a hand on her and I took the bait like an idiot. Now she has evidence of me apparently abusing her and that's strong evidence to use against me in court." He explains to his daughter.

"Cup cake, you are my daughter and if it'll make you feel any better, we can have a DNA test done to prove it."

"No need for that." Mariyah scoops into his arms. He hugs her, rubbing her arm, relief evident on his features.

I glance at mom trying to read the answers from her face before I even ask the question again.

It's true.

"So she is your sister.." I mumble, earning a scowl from her.

Looking away, I chuckle.. a hurtful chuckle. I place my chin on my fist while my elbow rests on the chair handle. Closing my eyes in thought and the room feels like it's spinning by now.

I'll ask this question one more time, when will this cycle end?

"Why didn't you tell me?" I continue to look away.

"I didn't know either, Jada." Dad attempts to make me feel better, I slowly reopen my eyes.

"Rebecca is my aunt. My own aunt gave me away at birth." I mumble with a smile which slowly turns into a chuckle under my breath.

And that right there is what actually hurts.

Removing my fist from beneath my chin, running my fingers through my hair from front to back. I lean forward, placing both elbows on my knees, looking at the cream marble floor. I'm so damn frustrated.