CHAPTER 24 - Jada is back

Previously On Triplets Apart:
Cameron shares details with Jada about her father's personality. Jada meets her beautiful 5 years old sister and her aunt Cassandra for the first time. But behind all this, Jada is now plotting her revenge against Rebecca.

***

2 updates in one day!

***

"Bitches." A greet smugly.

Mariyah's neck snaps around the fastest.

"Oh my God!" She squeals then runs and literally jumps on me. Closing my eyes, my smile grows wider, a ray of love travelling through me at the touch of her tight embrace.

My sister..

I knew that I would find them idling at the grand stand, it's become our chill spot and a regular routine after our extra curricular activities.

Tariq, Amra, Cody, Lexa and Mariyah are the ones here. For a second, I caught a smile playing on Tariq's cheeks, he then stands from his seat and walks down to me as I'm standing at the bottom of the grand stand, they're sitting at the highest seats. He pulls me into a hug and I gradually tighten my grip around his tall body hovering over me.

I missed them.

I missed him..

"But how are you here already?" Tariq asks.

"Yeah, your suspension is for three days, you've only been absent for one day." Mariyah adds.

"My parents called the school and now.. here I am." I shrug.

My parents have always had great influence with this school. I really didn't see the sense for them suspending me in the first place. So much for protocol.

"So what did you do yesterday?" Mariyah asks.

"What?" I blink.

"What did you do yesterday?.." She repeats.

"Oh! I flew to Illinois."

"You flew to Illinois? To do what?" Tariq asks.

"To see my family." I smile, taking a subtle glimpse at Mariyah. I need to stop staring at her. But the more a look at her, the more physical similarities I discover.

"Wow. Okay." Mariyah says as we climb to the top of the grand stand. and I'm glad she doesn't prolong that topic.

I greet the others by hitting fists then we all chat for about an hour prior to retreating to our rooms.

"Well guys, Jada is back, we need to celebrate." Mariyah announces.

"What?" I chuckle.

"I got invited to a pool party, you're all free to come too!" Amra offers hopefully.

"I'm game." Cody pipes up first, he is always game.

"Who invited you to a pool party?" Tariq asks Amra, we all shift our focuses to her.

"Uhh.. his name's Dean, he's a junior." She stutters.

"Hmm." Tariq squints his eyes. I smile discreetly seeing his gesture.

"Don't start." Amra warns.

"You're my sister. I don't want some weirdo inviting you to parties." He retorts.

"He's not a weirdo.. he's a nice guy and.. I kinda like him. And I know you will too!" She pleas, Tariq rolls his eyes waving her off.

During this awkward little conversation between Tariq and his sister, the rest of us keep darting our eyes between the two. It seems like Amra found someone she really likes.. well obviously by the look in her eyes, I can tell she's into this guy, whoever he is. I can't wait to see who this Dean guy is.

"I'm going to call Shane, Tory and Mario and tell them we're going out tonight." Lexa announces.

"What about Emma?" I ask and they all glance at me as if I grew a second set of ears. I shrug in return.

"We don't fuck with Emma no more, we thought you'd expect that." Amra tells me with her hands apart.

"Well, she's your friend.. you didn't have to cut her off because of me." I shrug again.

"Trouble follows Emma everywhere she goes, Jada. It's about time we let her go." Tariq puts his feet up.

"Trouble follows me everywhere I go!"

"But you're.. you're different ok!" Mariyah yells, I simply roll my eyes.

We leave the grand stand, we all retreat to our rooms to relax and prepare for the party.

***

Laying on my bed, I take my wallet from my bag then remove the photo of my sisters and I in mom's arms. Images of mom, Amy and my aunt's faces, constantly flashes through my mind. I still can't believe that I met them, I still can't believe any of it, this is so unreal.

Even baby Amy, she's so perfect, mom told me her dad lives about a block away from her but he goes away to work in Alaska from time to time. They were in a relationship but it never worked out, however they are really good friends and co-parent well.

One moment, I found out that I had no siblings at all, then the next moment, I found that I have 4, 4 freaking sisters! And I am also the president's daughter? What? My life is getting so surreal.

"What's that?" Mariyah asks, I glance over at her then back to the photo.

"Oh, this? Nothing." I quickly slip it back inside the purse.

"Then why are you so happy?" She asks and I just realize that I was smiling the entire time. I've smiled for about the thousandth time since yesterday.

"I don't know, okay? I'm always happy." I coo with a sheepish grin.

"You?" The sarcasm is clear in her voice.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes as she simply smiles, returning her attention to her phone.

Silently staring at her, right before a smile makes its way to my face.. again. Mariyah is my sister and she doesn't even know it.

Speaking of knowing, how the hell do I even tell her this? When do I even tell her? I'm excited to tell her that we're sisters but how do I tell her what an awful person her mom is and what she did to my real family? If I tell her we're sisters, then she's going to have to learn the entire story. Maybe she'll be forced to take sides or our friendship will become complicated. I don't know.

I dog at Tariq for being an ass, I was upset with my family for keeping secrets from me but now I'm the one keeping secrets from all the people that I love. Oh how the tables have turned and I stand on the losing end.

When the time is right, I will come clean to everyone, in the mean time, I have so much to get done. I need to finish this puzzle.

I swear, I have the craziest life of all 18 year old's. This is not just a phase.

"So about my parents thing, are you in?" Mariyah's voice drags me out of my thoughts, now staring at her.

"Damn, I didn't even remember a thing about that." I scratch my mole.

"I want you to come with me to release some of the awkwardness. Tariq might be there with Amra because of their dad. I mean, I would bring Cody, but I don't know. How is my parents going to react seeing me with a boy and if I don't take him, he might feel some type of way, so I want both of you there to balance the energy, you know.."

Tariq is only 4 months older than Amra as Amra was conceived by a separate mother. This situation seems similar to my mom and Rebecca being pregnant at the same time because at one point, their moms was pregnant at the same time. Crazy.

"I completely understand." I say to Mariyah.

"So you'll come?" Her sweet voice is so hopeful, how could I ruin that?

"I think I just might." I tell her as an idea comes to my mind, she squeals and jumps on me and my back is beginning to hurt from all her abuse.

***

Remember to vote!

Don't be silent, leave those thoughts.