CHAPTER 49 - Leave The Nest

Previously On Triplets Apart:
After Mariyah's unfortunate fall, she wakes up a few days later, telling her sister that she'll be home soon. David and Tyrell gets to the root of an issue that came about.

***

Even though I'm relieved that I'm not the source of the media finding out about the President, this still looks really bad. At school, our friends bugged us all week about the photos taken by paparazzi. And on top of that, the awkward exchanges between me, Tariq and Kyrie is enough for one to join a support group.

Who was the anonymous girl seen with the President, why was he trying to hide her?

We have exams before school breaks for summer in a few weeks and it's became more harder than ever to stay focused with all this new attention and questions. The blogs, gossip columns and social networks are going nuts with questions and crazy theories. I can't imagine the havoc going on at the White House, my dad must be overwhelmed and under so much pressure.

It's now the best opportunity to Present an idea that Tariq and I came up with to the President- instead of him speaking of the situation to the world, he should find some possible way to let Rebecca do it instead.

Why? If David reveals the story then it will only look bad on him, but if she does, the people will see her as owning up to her responsibilities. Even though there'll still be a lot of backlash, it will still be better for her name, she'll give up the title of First Lady in dignity even though she doesn't deserves it. And if she gets into trouble with the authorities after this confession, then the only person fit to get her exonerated is the parents of the children themselves.

David and Cameron.

Problem solved.

Apparently, it is now my usual routine to go straight to the White House on Fridays, there's always something happening over there that involves me these days.

Welp... back to reality. I think to myself as Mariyah, Tariq, Cody and I walk inside where we're greeted by the sight of every given candidate of this roller coaster.

Including Rebecca.

"There they are! The remaining two of my beautiful daughters." Dad stands up with wide arms for his traditional hug.

Even Charlotte and Adonis are here, well that's a first..

"Uhh, mom, dad? You're here?" I ask with a sheepish smile to them.

"No honey, it's all in your head." Charlotte mocks, her face forms in a wide grin.

Shaking my head with a smile I hug them all instead of overthinking myself into a coma. Even Paige, then extend my greetings to the other families. My sisters and mom look undeniably beautiful.

I wonder what it's about this time.

Half hour earlier...

"Rebecca, I know what you've done- blackmailing that poor girl to release private information about me, you're very pathetic, you know that?" Rebecca opens her mouth to speak but David waves his palms around to shush her. "And please don't waste my time and insult my intelligence by denying it, I have proof. I didn't call you here to fight or to eat you alive, I simply called you here so we could all end this once and for all."

"What are you saying?" She asks reluctantly, eyes shooting daggers at him.

"My wife, you are going to tell America and the rest of the world the entire story of what you did, everything."