CHAPTER 38

Next morning I woke up on the floor holding Damien close, he looks so angelic while sleeping, I don't know who told him that he was a devil or why he believes that he is, because I will show him, who he really is, and with that thought in my mind I swiftly move my hands over his hairs, it was so smooth and soft and then kissed his forehead before getting up and leaving him on the floor over the soft carpet on which we were laying, very smoothly I move away without disturbing his sleep because right now he needs it the more, after that, I got fresh and move towards the kitchen while preparing coffee for myself I got a text from Daniel, I totally forgot about him, he said that he would pick me up, "sorry Christine I got some urgent work so can't pick you up, hope you can understand, it's really urgent, really sorry"

"It's okay I understand and no need to apologize"

"Thanks, dear, you are the best"

"Yeah, I know that, okay bye, talk to you later"

"Okay, bye".

Now, I should start preparing breakfast for mine and Damien, I guess toast and egg will be fine with some juice. Since I don't know what he would prefer for breakfast' I jumped up from my place when I heard some sound "sorry didn't want to scare you"

"It's totally fine, I get scared sometimes like this without any reason" at which he just nodded and walked towards me "so, what are you making?"

"I don't know what you would like to have, but I make some toast and eggs with orange juice" "that great".

After having breakfast Damien drop Christine at her institute and left with a promise that he would come to pick her up, the day in the institute was normal as usual, nothing special, as promised he came to pick her up after work, they had dinner together and then he stays with her till she falls asleep.

It has already been one week, now they spend more and more time together and within these days Damien has been more open towards his feeling for Christine he would always express his feelings towards her, but he never tries to cross her comfort zone, though he kissed her eyes, hand forehead and most of the time hugs her, but he still thinks that he is not worthy of her, and should take this relationship slowly.

During these time he told Christine about his life, his parents, his father was a well know doctor and his mother was true believer they both do charity work as well, they would set camps in places where there has been some natural disaster and would treat people for free, that day was same as any other day where they were helping people, but then "While I was helping my mom and dad, a lady, well maintained with two other people came inside the camp, she saw me and gave a smile which I returned back, but my mom asked me to go outside and play with other children while she does her work, and as my mom told I went outside, I don't know what they were talking inside, but after I left but I can hear, faint sound of arguing, which I didn't understand at all, after about half an hour I saw that lady coming out of the camp with anger in her face and the two men following her while passing by, she stop and glance deeply into my eyes, then I heard my mom called for me, so she looks back at my mom and a smirk formed on her lips, which made my mom tensed for some unknown reason, then again she looked over me and then left with the two men following by.

Next day we left earlier for home but my dad stay behind, everything was going on normal, but I can feel something was off, my mom started praying more and more, she was afraid of something and was not telling me anything, one day we got a call from an unknown number informing us that my dad died in a car accident, police investigated it and found that the truck which hit my dad's car rode by a drunk driver, the next day during my dad funeral, I saw that same lady who visited my parents during the camp standing across the road with the same two men, and I guess my mom also saw her because she tighten her grip around me as if she was afraid that I will leave her or someone will take me away from her, I didn't knew what was happening but I didn't like that lady there was an evil aura around her, after two days my mom got a call from our hospital and she looked tensed and determined about something, after ending the call she grabs her jacket and cars keys and was just about to leave, but she stopped and gesture me to come near, after that she bend on her knees to reach my level and hugs me tight and then looked straight in my eyes and spoke, (always remember this Damien you are not alone, God is always with you, all you need is to trust him and pray hard, even in the darkest of your night) at which I just nodded and hug her back, and with that she left me, leaving behind.

And that was the last time I saw her, after few hour that same lady came to take me but this time with police, she told me that my mom died in a fire at the hospital, I don't know how to react everything was moving on so fast first dad than mom, the only thing placing on my minds was my mom's last word that I was not alone god is always with me, that lady took me treats me well, then one day she took me to somewhere which seem to like an old abandoned temple, she place me in front of a weird looking statue which gave me goose bumps, it appears like a goat, with horn or something like that, I saw that thing for the very first time, she told me that I was special, born to rule, bring happiness in people life's, I was their god, it was so confusing, she sacrificed woman's, children animals, in front of me as an offering and forced me witness their scream, it was haunting, painful, I didn't want any of these, I didn't want to be their god, I just want to be a normal human, but no, everyday she shows me that I was born to be devil, I was meant to do evil, any every night I break down, pray to god cry for his presence, I was all alone and afraid, One day she forced a ritual on me I felt unconscious my soul was forced out of my body and was drag to a place where you can only hear screams, pain, torture, fire, it was hell, it was frightening but, they told me that this is the place that has to be ruled by me, but I don't liked it, I don't want to live there, when I was awake I was all alone in a dark room, I don't know where to go, but I prayed, because that what my mom told me do, whenever I feel afraid, and while praying soon I fall into darkness and then I saw a glowing light in that darkness I stood up and move towards it, but as soon as I got near, it shined more brightly which lead mine eyes to close, then I saw a girl, with smiling face and that time I knew I was not alone anymore, there was no fear she was the light of my life and alone with her I can overcome my misery and that girl was you Christine, it was you, I didn't knew you was real till I saw you in Rome as a person, at first I didn't believe it was real, that why, I came near you and runs away, because I was confused the light which kept me sane during all these year was real, you are real and I love you Christine".

That time I didn't know what to say, the frightful dream which I saw from my childhood, he has lived it in real, I can't imagine how he kept his sanity for so long after facing all these things if I would have been in his place then I guess I would have lost my sanity a long time ago, so at that time I just hugged him, hugged him pouring all my emotion into it, and I thought only about one thing, that if I ever get that lady I'm going to kill her with my bare hands, if after that I go to hell, it doesn't matter, because she deserves that, she made an innocent child believe that he was a devil and that his life was a curse, I will definitely going to kill her without any mercy.