CHAPTER 23

Don't know for long did I slept, because when I woke up the already set, so I got up washed my face, combed my hair and came out of my given room only to see Lucy at the kitchen counter making coffee, as soon as her eyes fall on me she smiled and spoke " I see you are awake, would you like to have some coffee too?" to which I just smiled and nodded.

"So how was your sleep?

"Hmmm.....good, but I guess I slept for a very long.... time, why you didn't wake me up?"and with that I move towards the kitchen counter to take a seat and after that, she handed me a coffee "Its okay, you must have been tired and tomorrow is a very special day for you, and for that you need to stay fresh and energetic". to which I just nodded in understanding mug, and spoke" so are you nervous?"

I sighed and replied "little bit"

"Well don't be, everything is going to be fine, just be yourself and answer each question confidently whatever you know about it."

I smiled slightly and nodded in understanding and with that took a sip of the coffee made by her.

"So, is it nice?"

"It's great, better than I ever made"

"Well thanks, and glad you liked it" at which we both smiled genuinely.

"Christine?"

"Yes...."

"Don't take the load, they are not going to ask you tuff questions, like the question you use to answer in your college exam, they will only ask you simple basic questions related to the project you applied for, trust me I have experienced it before", to which I just nodded and thanked her for sharing her experience and advice.

"So do you like to have to have anything specific for the dinner, tonight?"

"No-No.... anything is fine with me and please I would like to help you with the dinner, I don't like watching you work all alone, while I'm doing nothing."

"It's okay Christine, you can help me from tomorrow onward after having your interview and please go back to your room and prepare for tomorrow, just give a reading to your project work and it would be more helpful if you just take a look at the research paper of scientists who have worked before to the related topic."

"Okay and thank you once again"

"Oh! please, no need of formalities dear, I already consider you as my small sister and glad to help you anytime." to which I just nodded and slightly smiled and then moved back to my room, as suggested by Lucy I started reading the research papers of scientists and it's really helpful and got to learn many new things, after few hours Lucy called up for dinner and the pasta she made was really tasty and awesome just like herself, after having dinner I went to wash my dishes but she stopped me and spoke " from tomorrow Christine, and now go back to sleep to wake up fresh you need to have a complete rest, tomorrow is a very special day for you and I want you to give your best and look best" this time I didn't argue and just greeted her goodnight before going to bed.

The night went on quite well and at morning I woke up from my mom phone call because alarm doesn't work in my case so my mom is going to wake me up through a phone call from now onward.

I got fresh, then get dressed up and went outside the room only to see Lucy all dressed up and was placing breakfast on the counter, I greeted her and took my seat on the counter during the breakfast we talked about some random stuff and after that she drive me to the institute, before going to her work she showed me the place where the interview was going to be held after that she wished me good luck and with that she walked towards her lab.

I move towards the interview room nervously, taking a deep breath I closed my eyes and remind myself I'm not alone and with that, I got inside.

After about 45 minutes I walked out the interview room all senseless don't know what to say or how to react, I still can't believe that I got selected for this project, and Lucy was right they only asked me the basic questions.

During they asked me questions one by one, and I answered them all at last they congratulated me and told you are perfect for this project work we don't need student who only have bookish knowledge and explain things in detail, but rather when need someone who knows the basic and have knowledge which is helpful for our project, and you just suitable for it, you may join from tomorrow.

I called my mom and told her that I got selected and she in return was screaming like a child after that I called Ella and Katherine and guess what I got the same reaction from them.

After talking to my mom and my friends I waited for Lucy outside her office she told me that today she would go home early and after half an hour I saw her coming out of her office attached to her personal lab with bundle of file on one hand and her bag on another, I rushed towards her and before she can open her mouth I grab some file from her hand and spoke I got selected

"Wow! That great...and I knew you would get selected because I can see the potential in you" to which I gave a big smile.

"so I think it's time for celebration, and the treat is on me" I opened my mouth but, before I could speak a word she interrupted me you can give me the treat once you get your own first salary but for now this treat is on me," to which I just nodded and headed towards her car.

First we went home and went towards her room to keep the file then she asked me to get fresh and then get ready for the treat, I did exactly what I was asked to do and waited for her in the living room which also has kitchen attached to it after few I saw Lucy walking out her room and grab car keys from new by bowl placed on a corner table and as always she looks pretty even without makeup, just little bit of lipstick but it was still lightly applied.

We arrive at a beautiful small restaurant, she asked me to order but I told her to order and after our small argument she ordered and slowly but I can see I'm getting more comfortable with her, at last, I ordered ice cream and she had the same flavour as my which was chocolate after that she gave me ride to the city we listen to song all our way home, after reaching our apartment we said our good night and with that both moved toward our room and closed the door.

If you like my writing then please vote, comment and share.