CHAPTER 24

It has been almost two and a half year since the day I since the day I started my project work, recently I had appeared for research scholar exam which result will be out after two months and let's hope for the best.

The starting six months was a disaster, out of my ten experiments analysis least two or three results would be incorrect and my supervisor that to perform again and that I have got lecture from him a lot of time, but that my mistake had become occasional and know he trust all my report, due to which the contract of one year project work has exceeded and now it has almost been two years.

Recently I also took part in the field work and it was a big experience for me, I learned a lot of things, explore a lot it was great and now my senior think that I'm ready to work on any project directly which is a big compliment for me, although I believe that I need to learn more about it.

During this past year, I became more close to Lucy, and now we really live like sisters, we are more comfortable with each other we joke, laugh and even share some emotional movement together, in meantime she helps me with my project work and suggests me regarding my future.

Last night Ella called me since we both were busy in own life, it's been a long time since we had a long conversation, we shared our works experience cracks some nonsense jokes and then paused for a second and spoke actually I called you to say that " as you know that we are almost settled in our life and it has been a long time since we met one other...... what you think about taking a break, just you and me friend time..... Travel, fun, gossips, and refreshment of mind"

"Sure why not it's a good Idea, so did you plan something from before?"

"No, actually I wanted you to select a place and we can go there"

"Hmm.... how about Vatican city Rome, it's my dream please"

"Yeah, I already predicted that you would choose something like that"

"What you mean by something like that......?"

"Rome...... place of vampire and werewolves and your weird dreams are also included in that"

"Very funny..." I spoke in a sarcastic tone, I genuinely want to visit that place it's beautiful.

"Yeah.....yeah I got it' so it's final we are going to Vatican City"

"For how many days, I mean I had not taken any leave this year so I'm sure they will accept my application for a holiday but still I have to inform them earlier"

"Hmmm.... well ten days leave because my company will not grant me more than that"

"Ten days will be enough; tomorrow I will speak to my senior regarding this"

"Okay Christine then I will call you tomorrow after planning everything, just stay prepared"

"Okay Ella, then bye, for now, good night." and with that, we hanged up the call and went to sleep.

Today while I was performing a test in lab Ella called me and spoke

"There are two good news"

"Okay... and what's that?"

"First we are leaving after two weeks and second I got someone in my office whose brother and his family stay over there so we will stay there as a paying guest and he has a friend who will give us a tour to Vatican city, isn't that great"

"Wow! That's really good news, well I talk to my senior, and asked for ten days leave but the granted me fifteen days leave since I didn't take any leave this year so I thought that after visiting Rome I will stay with my parents for few days"

"Okay that would be great, so start shopping because time will fly soon" and we that we hanged up our call since we both are in our respective workplace.

Time passed by so fast or maybe I was so excited about this trip that everything seems to be passed by at a rapid speed, within these two weeks every now and then Lucy would take me out for shopping after our work gets over, so that I can busy some essential stuff she bought me three new dresses as a present and asked e wear it on some special occasion, which I really don't think so is necessary, we are going for tour, not part but she inset and at last I have to accept it.

Finally, the day arrives for which I have been preparing for from two weeks, Lucy is going to drop me to the airport where I will meet Ella, she told me to wait for her over there.

As planned Lucy dropped me to the airport where I saw Ella already waiting for me, once reach her I introduced both Ella and Lucy to each other, before leaving Lucy asked Ella to take care of me and told me to call her once I reach there, which was so nice of her, she is really my big sister the one I never had.

The journey of the flight this time was full of fun, we kept on chatting about random stuff, laughing like insane people, which we usually become whenever we are together and didn't notice when we reached our destination, as soon as I step outside the flight a gust of fresh wind blow by me, sending an unknown sensation of someone's touch and the same unknown feeling to start to build inside me, but somehow I ignored it, at the airport I saw a man on his early forties, holding a nameplate in his hand on which Ella's name was written.

Ella greeted that man and introduced him as Vincent chase brother of one of his college, genuinely I find him nice and helpful person, he loaded all our luggage in his car and during our way to his home where we were going to stay for ten days he told us about everything we passed by on our way, I even learned that he was a banker and has a wife and two daughter.

After about 1 hour ride we reach his house where we were greeted by his wife Bella and two beautiful daughter's one twelve-year-old named Rose and another ten-year-old named Victoria, all of them were welcoming and I felt like we were in our own home in this unknown place.

Bella shows us our room, we were given separate rooms, it was like my room then bathroom than Ella's room we told them that we can share same room but they said that since the rooms are small it would be more comfortable you both single, and when I saw the room, I guess Bella was really the room were small but big enough for single person, it was neatly arranged with medium size bed a study table with a chair a standard size cupboard for clothes and a small dressing table, overall everything was perfect and last but not the least a big window from which you can Cleary view outside.

After getting fresh Vincent asked me and Ella to get ready in just normally he would let us meet our guide and his friend will, and according to him it would be nice if he introduces him to us now, so that we may know each other so that tomorrow we will be more comfortable when he will come to take us for our tour.

He was right in his place because it would be nice to wander with a known person, so we got ready and went with Vincent to his car he took us to a nearby chapel which was not that big nor too small, yet it beautiful from both inside and outside as we enter the chapel Vincent excused himself to greet someone and from is appearance I can say that he is a church father, while I and Ella were wandering around the chapel admiring its beauty and viewing some portraits of biblical events, Ella's phone started ringing she picked up the call but I guess the voice was not clear because she excused herself stating that it's an urgent call from her office and with that she move outside, I went upstairs just viewing the paintings on the wall and as I turned in the corner I bumped into someone and soon I back off and move my eye up a little to see the face the face of the person I ran into, and his eyes it was so...... different it was light ash blue eyes... don't know how to define but there was something about his...eyes..... don't know why I felt like it hides deep pain inside it and something more on which I was not able to point out, but he was definitely..... I don't know what to think further.

"I guess you are new here?" to which I just nodded and he slight smiled at me.

"Well I'm Daniel, and you are?"

Thanks for viewing  my writing and if like it please comment, vote and share